jamie macdonald

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four keepers on the books and looking to sign another, put the money toward a striker LJ.

Who's the 4th BP/ I can only think Ox, Rachubka and Simpson/

Possibly looking to get him before his contract is up in the summer and other teams come in for him. We'll be losing Ox and I wouldnt be surprised is Rachubka [he's only contracted tll Summer right/] is released so Macdonald and Simpson could be our two

Four keepers on the books and looking to sign another, put the money toward a striker LJ.

Whilst I certainly agree with that, it's quite opportunistic to put in a low bid for Hearts players during their crisis. Test their resolve.

We may end up with a quality goalkeeper that we're able to sell on for 10 times what we paid for him.

Perhaps having an asset like that would prompt Corney to dip into his pocket a little more. Or maybe we already have a striker lined up and ready to sign.

If we can get a bargain on a good keeper* then great. Long term project, no harm getting a good deal on a keeper who will play next season too. Ox isn't ours, Rachubka is a short term back up and Simpson is a novice (and may be off anyway).

*I've got no idea how good he is.

Bit more reading of the hearts forum suggest he's a good shot stopper but fails to command his area and doesn't come for crosses (oxley mk2?)

We're getting a :censored: load of stick for only offering 30k and a journo on Twitter suggests that the offer is in fact only 20k and a deal is unlikely at this stage.