New signing

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the face of it and his previous, it's fair to say it's not a wowzer signing. I still believe in LJ and my thoughts have turned to season 2014/2015 already and was kinda hoping so had Latics in terms of building the new look squad. This one I must admit stumps me a little. However lets wait and see the lad play.

Basically not sure about this - not the player (never seen him play) but the plan seems to be signing alot of similar Midfielder player and unless he plays 3- 6-1 not really needed that's what I need some one to enlighted me on please.

I thought LJ was building a side for the future ?.several outgoings and several loanees seems a short term measure to me.

Many of the current squad won't be here next season so its a new team again with the familiar pattern is it ?

Suggests to me Johnson is confident his strikers will deliver and it is more about the service...but where do Wes/Smith/Harkins/Kissock fit in if all CM's? We do seem to be mothballing a bit of money at the minute especially if Tarky goes for a fee with a low budget replacement...

This can only mean mone to save for a bigger budget next season or towards the stand!

Suggests to me Johnson is confident his strikers will deliver and it is more about the service...but where do Wes/Smith/Harkins/Kissock fit in if all CM's? We do seem to be mothballing a bit of money at the minute especially if Tarky goes for a fee with a low budget replacement...

This can only mean mone to save for a bigger budget next season or towards the stand!

He has plenty of evidence they can't.

Like Harry Bunn, Rusnak, Rene Steer....the list could go on! How many Premier League youth teamers have we actually had who turned out to be any good?

Majority on massive wages compared to rest of our squad and come with a can't be bothered attitude.

JPK will be on very low wages and will know that at 24, his chances of being a professional league player are getting slimmer and slimmer. Point to prove!

I thought LJ was building a side for the future ?.several outgoings and several loanees seems a short term measure to me.

Many of the current squad won't be here next season so its a new team again with the familiar pattern is it ?

I think your reasoning for that is quite flawed. You seem to be assuming that we won't keep anyone that is either fully out of contract, or who we have an option to retain. Most of whom are Johnson signings or retainees, anyway. I'd be worried about keeping Tarky, Wes and Grounds, and obviously the loanees, although I can see at least one of them returning. As for the rest the ball is in the club's court and can see most of them staying and the ones who leave it has been our decision.

Nope, no limit on that but if we have him, Harkins, Worrall and Oxley, we can only have one more in the squad. Be interesting if we let Tarky go without replacing him straight away.

This is my issue, bit of a waste of a loan IMO, not too fussed about who it is, just at the fact that id rather a CB/LB/ST come in on loan instead coz i cant see us signing any of these positions on a permanent transfer.