Less than 4,000 fans at every home gate = What do you expect?

New stand to pay for = What do you expect?

Financial Fair Play = What do you expect?

I refer the honourable ladies & gentlemen to look at the 1980's for a reference. All our best players were sold then too for a profit, however in the long run [backing one manager consistently], we managed to build a team that could compete.

Since Shez - who got us in the play offs lest we forget - we've had Penney of Dickov, both of who were shown the door..... let's back LJ to 2018 and see where it takes us.

KTF

Edited by lookersstandandy

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every other club in league one survives without cup runs and flogging their best players on the cheap. If he wants to get attendances up he'll have to invest in the team.

SC has said he would sell the club if the right person came along. I don't think he wants to invest/lose more money in the club, he's not a billionaire like a lot of clubs have, what he has invested in the club is probably a significant amount of the money he's made!

Our average crowd is probably not even 4,000, we have a very limited amount of money from other sources (Sponsorship, merchandise). The cup runs and selling players and limiting our wage budgets are the only things keeping us from bankruptcy.

It's not SCs fault we have to sell players and can't buy players on contracts for 4 years - it's the fact we have had falling attendances, we are competing directly with premier league clubs for supporters and (to be honest) a lot of our previous and current players just haven't performed for us.

Who's door would you knock on about that?

Our average crowd is probably not even 4,000, we have a very limited amount of money from other sources (Sponsorship, merchandise). The cup runs and selling players and limiting our wage budgets are the only things keeping us from bankruptcy.

It's not SCs fault we have to sell players and can't buy players on contracts for 4 years - it's the fact we have had falling attendances, we are competing directly with premier league clubs for supporters and (to be honest) a lot of our previous and current players just haven't performed for us.

It pretty much is his fault though.

There's a fanbase out there, the cup attendances show that, people are just fed up of the lies and the small time mentality that the club have.

I'm still turning up though Lags, I assume you and Josh are too..... so why is it OK for the other 2,000 or so who've deserted us since Shez not to.....?

Yeah and I'll be having a ST next season too, some have died, some have just got fed up backing what they feel is a waste of time. Some are not like you and me.

I'm not saying Corney is a saint, but it's not all his fault. I think a lot of people are responsible for our standing in the league. We've declined a lot since when Sheridan was manager and the reasons are a shrinking budget, falling gates, crap players, crap managers and sometimes :censored: fans.

Corney is as responsible as those people but at least he has stuck with us instead of selling the club to shady characters that have cropped up in the past 5 years apparently trying to buy us - think we would be in a much worse position with some of them.

Plus he hired Penney - I'll never forgive him for that

Yeah and I'll be having a ST next season too, some have died, some have just got fed up backing what they feel is a waste of time. Some are not like you and me.

.....I agree, so my point is, whilst recent times have been lean..... knocking the lookers stand down turned out to be a bad decision, that may well be a blessing in disguise in the future.... I'm not 'knocking down' anyone's door, merely questioning the commitment of those who have deserted us.

Without good football to watch, fans stay away. If fans stay away, its harder to watch to good football.

I've been at BP when nigh on 20,000 people have been packed in. 14,000 regularly in the Premier League. There are more fair weather fans than proper ones.

.....I agree, so my point is, whilst recent times have been lean..... knocking the lookers stand down turned out to be a bad decision, that may well be a blessing in disguise in the future.... I'm not 'knocking down' anyone's door, merely questioning the commitment of those who have deserted us.

Without good football to watch, fans stay away. If fans stay away, its harder to watch to good football.

I've been at BP when nigh on 20,000 people have been packed in. 14,000 regularly in the Premier League. There are more fair weather fans than proper ones.

Knocking the Looker's & Clayton Arms down was one of the biggest blunders dropped in TTA tenure. Followed closely by all the U turns and false dawns promised. I would have to say out of the 14,000 in the Premier league days 9000 were supporting Latics, of which 3000 had Latics at heart hoping they won whilst harbouring true allegiance to the Manchester clubs.

You sell your better players and don't replace them....you see no progression

People find it harder to justify the outlay so they don't turn up - hell, people die...i've known 4-5 in the last few years!!

Without 'excitement' how do you draw the new fansbase in? I've started taking my nephew and he enjoys it as its a new experience, but won't he just get bored of the same old year in year out go and find someone else to watch?

difficult to justify the outlay though all fans are doing is choosing not to back if corney has the right surely the fans do, the lack of investment, facilities and ambition has has worn the some supporters down and it will continue until something changes.

FIFY

Just to recap, I sponsor this club, I spend alot more than a season ticket on this club so dont say im not a fan!!!!

Simon Corney is only interested in an investment in Oldham Athletic if its to his benefit not the clubs!! FACT

Ah the old FACT in capital letters so it muist be true argument.