Posted · Hidden by Zorrro, January 31, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Zorrro, January 31, 2014 - No reason given

Oldham athletic pay 200,000 pounds each year to SC's buddies. SC is involved in this and is being investigated by the football league about not having his best interests at heart for the club but for his own wallet.

He effectively has no money he borrowed 80 grand for the foundations for the new stand but has non left and he can't pay that back. Administration is a reality at present. Any money saved is sent straight back them 3 ( wages tarky deal etc). Corrupt is not even close to what goes on behind closed doors.

The main stand upper to be shut in 2 years after several complaints to many safety officials and a demand notice from the FL.

I thought i would finally reveal this as i am sick and tired of what goes on behind closed doors and the fans not knowing.

Think you missed a FACT out there somewhere...always helps with those sort of post I feel

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Administration before August, you heard it here first.

We have heard many similar prophesies over the last few years more often than 'The End Of The World Is Nigh'. All have been wrong. At least the 'End Of The World' protagonists put some effort into portraying their misgivings by marching around with a placard.

Edited by mikeroyboy

Surely if the fa are investigating him in regard to the running of the club in terms of money and accounting etc there would be transfer issues and also press coverage?

Surely if the fa are investigating him in regard to the running of the club in terms of money and accounting etc there would be transfer issues and also press coverage?

I guess i came across wrong. They themselves are doing a preliminary investigation before they do what they need to.

Only proof i have is texts off Joe Royal and Mike Keegan. Anything else was spoken. The koukash deal fell through over a spat over land. All that Corney has left is the land and which is all (atm) he is bothered about.

Who is this "Joe Royal" you speak of?

Every other club in league one survives without cup runs and flogging their best players on the cheap. If he wants to get attendances up he'll have to invest in the team.

In the last 10yrs 30 clubs have been relegated from L1. Would that be because they hung onto their best players?

I don't know. Beegs' post on us 30+ year olds is pretty spot on for me.

It's football. It's not life or death, no matter what Shankley says.

It's still the club I support, but the way I do that now, & that level of support has definitely changed as I've got older....

This, a million times.

In the last 10yrs 30 clubs have been relegated from L1. Would that be because they hung onto their best players?

Thanks, I meant to say this. Also, some of the relegated teams will have had cup runs, and some who went up or down will have sold good players

Wow. We've all lost a little perspective haven't we here ladies and gents.

In any given year, we've been told previously we lose around £1m. Let's just put this fiscal year (April to March) into the accounts.

£1m operating loss

40,000 at Anfield @ £20 is £800k less approx 1/3 cost (not a bad gross margin) is £536k then 45 % is £241k

After the cup run (let's add 60k of prize money for good measure) we've got £700k gap to fill this year.

Pray tell, any of those who are so critical how you would fill this gap? Let's be certain here, for those financiers amongst you, this is not an accounting gap. This is a cash gap from what we've been told previously.

Well, if I were running this business id sell some high value products. This means, from our point of view, Baxter and Tarky (for £350k).

The biggest concern gents is that still means £350k falls into the cash loss for the business this year. That's very painful for a £1-2m turnover business.

Such a loss year on year is difficult. We do it every year. Therefore, that's the question that needs to be answered. How do we keep going? Where does the financial support come from? If it's cash from SC thats a short term fix and one we are looking to solve. I think our efforts here are solid.

Selling our 'best' player (who most would have let go last summer) is the least of our worries

All I'm using is the last useful data point we had which was when we had fans go in to verify we lost £15-20k per week and taking a worst case scenario.

Your flippant comment suggests you've no sensible argument behind your comment. Assume for a moment even all season ticket holders get the equivalent of a top. That's 2500 people. Half are kids at £20. That's £25k. Half are adults at £40 that's £50k. So our shop turns over £70k. I'd be amazed if it's hugely more.

Good luck with this one. I'm looking forward to seeing your maths

All I'm using is the last useful data point we had which was when we had fans go in to verify we lost £15-20k per week and taking a worst case scenario.

Your flippant comment suggests you've no sensible argument behind your comment.

The last useful data points I'm using are the accounts filed at Companies House.

£20k a week losses are history now so time to contemporise.

So compromise based on your assertion. £70k revenue from club shop. Assume 70%gm. Not so bad for apparel/clothing. Gives you £49k. We'll need 1 person full time to man the shop on normal days plus a few more on match days. Call that 1.2 FTE on minimum wage. That's £12k. Plus a manager who perhaps dedicates 1/3 of their time to the shop. Say the manager ears £21k to make the maths easier (as opposed to £20k). That puts £19k of wages against the shop. Cost of employment is typically 1.5x wages so that's £28.5k. So excluding power, rent and long term stockholding (ill bet there's :censored: loads of that and we don't own the land!) the club shop (generously) makes £20.5k per year in net profit/cash. From my experience in retail this is an incredibly generous figure given we've excluded the main costs.

Therefore, I'm interested to see how you think we would only lost £1m if we only included club shop revenue. Treat the club shop as it's own entity. It gives £20.5k to the running of the club and all it's staff. To be clear, for your assertion to hold true you have to show that the clubs costs amount to £1,020,500.

And after we got rid of him he spent the next 3 years teaching kids football in Doncaster - obviously in great demand!

I think the point he's making is that his record was good upto that point so a decent CV gets him hired. If Simon can forsee someone's post Latics career I'll ring him for this weeks lottery numbers

So compromise based on your assertion. £70k revenue from club shop. Assume 70%gm. Not so bad for apparel/clothing. Gives you £49k. We'll need 1 person full time to man the shop on normal days plus a few more on match days. Call that 1.2 FTE on minimum wage. That's £12k. Plus a manager who perhaps dedicates 1/3 of their time to the shop. Say the manager ears £21k to make the maths easier (as opposed to £20k). That puts £19k of wages against the shop. Cost of employment is typically 1.5x wages so that's £28.5k. So excluding power, rent and long term stockholding (ill bet there's :censored: loads of that and we don't own the land!) the club shop (generously) makes £20.5k per year in net profit/cash. From my experience in retail this is an incredibly generous figure given we've excluded the main costs.

Therefore, I'm interested to see how you think we would only lost £1m if we only included club shop revenue. Treat the club shop as it's own entity. It gives £20.5k to the running of the club and all it's staff. To be clear, for your assertion to hold true you have to show that the clubs costs amount to £1,020,500.

That's all we bloody need an Accountant on this board!

Nope. Not even close. That's a back of the fag packet. An accountant would never be happy with that.

I'm just trying to illustrate that people have unrealistic expectations about what money the club needs to stay afloat. We don't have a wealthy benefactor.

I'm not Corneys biggest fan. I've always been worried about his and his friends motivations. The fact we don't own the land concerns me. The fact we probably won't own the stand concerns me. However, when running a business you have to make pragmatic decisions. I'm trying to illustrate that what the hierarchy is doing I pragmatic. It's frustrating. As a fan you want the best players to stay. And when they're sold you want a huge figure that you never dreamed possible. You then want that money spent on the team.

Pragmatically we're not in that position as a club. We have low selling prices because we need the money. Emotionally I find that as frustrating as everyone else but if I ran oldham athletic (2004)ltd as a going concern I'd make the same decision as Corney today. That's all. And I say that as a fan

Edited by latic12345

my posts removed ?

Yes.

I can't understand why those who run the forum, and have a potential legal liability for the content, wouldn't leave stuff like your post on.

They've done you a big favour. Without evidence those posts were libellous. I'm gobsmacked they've allowed you to continue to post.