Recap of this transfer window

Out

4 Defenders (Tarky, Lanzoni, Byrne & Latvian)

1 Striker (Rooney)

1 Midfielder -Loan finished (Patreso)

In

3 Midfields (Harkins, Worral & Kissock)

2 Defenders (Wilson & Lockwood)

1 Striker (Turner)

Now lets remember we sold Baxter (highest earner) and replaced him with Danny P on probably a quarter of Baxters money now add in Tarkys fee.....

Corney is killing this club, every window we sell our best up and coming player. When our the fans going to realise that SC is killing the club, stripping it of its assets until there is no club left.

SC did not save the club 10 years ago he bought it because he and his chums thought they could make money. That failed and they have taken us from 6-8000 every week to 4000, we have gone from signing players like Gregan, Beckett, Lee Hughes to signing Lockwood, Kissock and Turner all from non league.

Where does this end?? Stockport County?? Simon Corney is killing this football club....

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever thought we might have accepted this season is over? Get the bones of a squad which should see us over the line with as little expense as possible (never guarenteed)

Bank the cash to give us the opportunity to add permanant quality for the start of a new campaign in September...

Should we only allow posts you agree with?

This kind of post is hardly down to opinions, it's disgusting of someone to say that Corney hasn't tried with all the resources he has to try and not only save the club at the start but keep it running. He's never ran away from it, and he's admitted he's always open to investment to take the club further forward than he can.

This kind of post is hardly down to opinions, it's disgusting of someone to say that Corney hasn't tried with all the resources he has to try and not only save the club at the start but keep it running. He's never ran away from it, and he's admitted he's always open to investment to take the club further forward than he can.

Yet another tit. Can't the people running this site stop 'fans' like this posting threads like this?!

Just to recap, I sponsor this club, I spend alot more than a season ticket on this club so dont say im not a fan!!!!

Simon Corney is only interested in an investment in Oldham Athletic if its to his benefit not the clubs!! FACT

Ever thought we might have accepted this season is over? Get the bones of a squad which should see us over the line with as little expense as possible (never guarenteed)

Bank the cash to give us the opportunity to add permanant quality for the start of a new campaign in September...

I really hope not. We are in big :censored: if we have accepted this season is over. Its no where near over, take alook at the table.

Why will next season be any different to this. Johnson had some pernament quality this season and look where they are, we have sold them. And the ones with the quality that are left are all out of contact in the next 18 months. Do you see the likes of Korey hanging around at the end of next year? He will be the next player with quality to be sold before his contract is up.

Its will be the same next year and the year after.

Edited by NIKI1234

Just to recap, I sponsor this club, I spend alot more than a season ticket on this club so dont say im not a fan!!!!

Simon Corney is only interested in an investment in Oldham Athletic if its to his benefit not the clubs!! FACT

What do you mean by "to his benefit" ? QUESTION Edited by LaticsPete

I really hope not. We are in big :censored: if we have accepted this season is over. Its no where near over, take alook at the table.

Why will next season be any deifferent to this. Johnson had some pernament quality this season and look where we are, we have sold them. And the ones with the quality that are left are all out of contact in the next 18 months. Do you see the likes of Korey hanging around at the end of next year, he will be the next player with quality to be sold before his contract is up

Its will be the same next year and the year after

It is over in terms of our only goal is to avoid relegation. They are clearly confident that the squad we have is capable of seeing us safe.

The start of a season is a numbers game...Johnson will learn from this year, look to keep those he has been happy with and try to find quality again (I would expect the likes of Korey to be offered extensions in summer). We thought we had quality at the start of the season in players like Montano and Rooney and when that hasn't materialised he is quick to do something about it.

There is never a guarentee what you are buying is quality. He just needs to keep trying and learning when it isn't right. Which in my opinion he has proven he isn't afraid to do...

BONES OF A SQUAD

Ox - back at hull

Brown - Out of contract

Tarky - sold

Kasunga - Out of Contract

Grounds - Out of Contract

Dayton - at OAFC

Wesolowski - Out of contract

Smith - at OAFC

Mcdonald - Out of Contract (with an option)

JCH - Out of Contract (with an option)

Harkins - back at St Mirran

It's an opinion. It's one that you, and in all likelihood the majority of others, disagree with, but that's not grounds for banning or censoring anyone.

BONES OF A SQUAD

Ox - back at hull

Brown - Out of contract

Tarky - sold

Kasunga - Out of Contract

Grounds - Out of Contract

Dayton - at OAFC

Wesolowski - Out of contract

Smith - at OAFC

Mcdonald - Out of Contract (with an option)

JCH - Out of Contract (with an option)

Harkins - back at St Mirran

Especially given LJ as good as said he wouldn't be offering Grounds and Wes new deals at the meet the manager

2007/2008 cup run

2011/2012 cup run

2012/2013 cup run

2013/2014 cup run

Tarky

Baxter

Eaves

Stephens

O'Grady

Eardley

Craig Davies

Trottman.

Look at all the money that has come in yet we find ourselves languishing at the bottom of league one season after season. I'm not saying he is destroying the club but his lack of ambition is amazing. You have to spend money to make money. He gives all of this talk about continuity and giving LJ time but as soon as we get a decent squad together we sell them for peanuts. The worst part is the majority of fans are happy with it.

It is over in terms of our only goal is to avoid relegation. They are clearly confident that the squad we have is capable of seeing us safe.

The start of a season is a numbers game...Johnson will learn from this year, look to keep those he has been happy with and try to find quality again (I would expect the likes of Korey to be offered extensions in summer). We thought we had quality at the start of the season in players like Montano and Rooney and when that hasn't materialised he is quick to do something about it.

There is never a guarentee what you are buying is quality. He just needs to keep trying and learning when it isn't right. Which in my opinion he has proven he isn't afraid to do...

I just hope one year we actually get it right. There has been to many players in and out for the past 10 years, most of the time always looking short term. To be fair to Johnson he looked like he was trying to do it differently and offering 2 year deals but these have not worked out ie Sid and Rooney. We have then reverted back to short term fix and loans (9 loans) after Johnson said he would not go this route as you lose your identity.

I really cant see Korey staying beyond next year even if we offer him an extension.

Round and Round we go, season after season but nothing ever changes!

2007/2008 cup run

2011/2012 cup run

2012/2013 cup run

2013/2014 cup run

Tarky

Baxter

Eaves

Stephens

O'Grady

Eardley

Craig Davies

Trottman.

Look at all the money that has come in yet we find ourselves languishing at the bottom of league one season after season. I'm not saying he is destroying the club but his lack of ambition is amazing. You have to spend money to make money. He gives all of this talk about continuity and giving LJ time but as soon as we get a decent squad together we sell them for peanuts. The worst part is the majority of fans are happy with it.

+Philliskirk.

2007/2008 cup run

2011/2012 cup run

2012/2013 cup run

2013/2014 cup run

Tarky

Baxter

Eaves

Stephens

O'Grady

Eardley

Craig Davies

Trottman.

Most fans are realistic about what life is like in the third division of English football

if they think they are safe this season that will be another mistake made great day against posh but games against colchester, shrews and stevenage are fresh in my memory and efforts like those with the weakened squad will see us go down really cant believe anymore that the club is being run with the future in mind this seasons transfer policy is proof of that.

Our average crowd is probably not even 4,000, we have a very limited amount of money from other sources (Sponsorship, merchandise). The cup runs and selling players and limiting our wage budgets are the only things keeping us from bankruptcy.

It's not SCs fault we have to sell players and can't buy players on contracts for 4 years - it's the fact we have had falling attendances, we are competing directly with premier league clubs for supporters and (to be honest) a lot of our previous and current players just haven't performed for us.

Our average crowd is probably not even 4,000, we have a very limited amount of money from other sources (Sponsorship, merchandise). The cup runs and selling players and limiting our wage budgets are the only things keeping us from bankruptcy.

It's not SCs fault we have to sell players and can't buy players on contracts for 4 years - it's the fact we have had falling attendances, we are competing directly with premier league clubs for supporters and (to be honest) a lot of our previous and current players just haven't performed for us.

Every other club in league one survives without cup runs and flogging their best players on the cheap. If he wants to get attendances up he'll have to invest in the team.