Recap of this transfer window

Out

4 Defenders (Tarky, Lanzoni, Byrne & Latvian)

1 Striker (Rooney)

1 Midfielder -Loan finished (Patreso)

In

3 Midfields (Harkins, Worral & Kissock)

2 Defenders (Wilson & Lockwood)

1 Striker (Turner)

Now lets remember we sold Baxter (highest earner) and replaced him with Danny P on probably a quarter of Baxters money now add in Tarkys fee.....

Corney is killing this club, every window we sell our best up and coming player. When our the fans going to realise that SC is killing the club, stripping it of its assets until there is no club left.

SC did not save the club 10 years ago he bought it because he and his chums thought they could make money. That failed and they have taken us from 6-8000 every week to 4000, we have gone from signing players like Gregan, Beckett, Lee Hughes to signing Lockwood, Kissock and Turner all from non league.

Where does this end?? Stockport County?? Simon Corney is killing this football club....

You reckon Danny Philliskirk, formerly of Chelsea is on a 1/4 of what Baxter is on?

What "FACT" is that based on? Oh I see, you reckong, so all that is based on youur guess work?

Those that went out

Out

Taky would not have been on Mega money, last season many on here wanted him out.

Supposition is that Byrne was one of the more higfhly paid, but we had to pay him off.

LAnzoni loan so not a huge amount paid by us

And the LAtvia was far from mega bugs at a guess

1 Striker (Rooney)

Well known he was on higher wages, but it did not work out. Some financia wages, but its possible he was on less than believed as many would not tocuh him because of the dispute he was in.

Mostly paid by QPR I suspect and he would have been on decent money.

In

Harkins seems to have had a decent start, as does Worral......

Kissock is a punt. What percentage on here have been calmouring for a non league punt.

Who knows

1 Striker (Turner)

Clearly a punt, but many have been clamounring for a non league punt.

I love how you slate Corney for non investing, and selling Baxter and other of our best players, whilst failing to acknowledge who actually bought those players. like baxter for example, in the first place.

Corney has backed all his managers with signings. The majority have not worked out.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You reckon Danny Philliskirk, formerly of Chelsea is on a 1/4 of what Baxter is on?

What "FACT" is that based on? Oh I see, you reckong, so all that is based on youur guess work?

Those that went out

Out

Taky would not have been on Mega money, last season many on here wanted him out.

Supposition is that Byrne was one of the more higfhly paid, but we had to pay him off.

1 Striker (Rooney)

Well known he was on higher wages, but it did not work out. Some financia wages, but its possible he was on less than believed as many would not tocuh him because of the dispute he was in.

In

Kissock is a punt. What percentage on here have been calmouring for a non league punt.

Who knows

1 Striker (Turner)

I love how you slate Corney for non investing, and selling Baxter and other of our best players, whilst failing to acknowledge who actually bought those players. like baxter for example, in the first place.

Corney has backed all his managers with signings. The majority have not worked out.

He didn't buy Baxter, we've got lucky with a few free transfers and then sold them for way under their value and not reinvested the money. Yipee.

Andy Goram

Andy Linighan

Kevin Moore

Tommy Wright

Denis Irwin

Micky Quinn

All prove this argument wrong.....

unforunately, you have to go back 25 years to see proof this works.....football has changed since then....Something like we saw in the late 80's / 90's will happen once in a blue moon and i think we've had ours...

Anybody under the age of 30 will have known nothing but sell your best players and move sideways, I can understand why they don't come back and why we don't attract new fans.

Anybody over the age of 30 is hoping that we can live that dream again....

He didn't buy Baxter, we've got lucky with a few free transfers and then sold them for way under their value and not reinvested the money. Yipee.

still had to pay his wages and convince him to sign an extension ensuring we got at least some money for him when he inevitably left

unforunately, you have to go back 25 years to see proof this works.....football has changed since then....Something like we saw in the late 80's / 90's will happen once in a blue moon and i think we've had ours...

Anybody under the age of 30 will have known nothing but sell your best players and move sideways, I can understand why they don't come back and why we don't attract new fans.

And a lot of us over 30 don't take it as seriously as we might have used to. It is only football, a distraction from the hum drum everyday life, it doesn't really matter, you don't get points or badges that you can sew on to your swimming trunks for it. You get some good days out of it like last Saturday going from 0-3 to 5-4 but for the rest it doesn't really matter.

Those that went out

Out

1 Striker (Rooney)

In

Who knows

1 Striker (Turner)

You think Corney actually puts his own money in?

....not 'that' dream.... that would be highly unlikely..... but to say that LJ can't sell Baxter and Tarky in a season and bring some players in that end up - in 2/3 years time - being good enough to help us compete near the top of League 1.... I find unreasonable.

The lad from Bristol City is only 24.

The pup from Stockport is a pup.

The scouser from Macc is what, 24/25?

It's not all bad news. One or more of this lot could be diamonds. Have some patience.

Killing the club? You wouldn't have a club without Corney! Yes he's made mistakes but be honest would you sink your money into a club knowing that without a doubt you will never see any of it back? He's put millions into our club. He's not from Oldham and no matter how well we do he won't recap his investment - unless we make it to the Premiership. No matter what he does, every decision is greeted by 'he's only in it for the money', ' he doesn't put enough money in', he's killing the club'. Get real!

I'm not saying Corney is a saint, but it's not all his fault. I think a lot of people are responsible for our standing in the league. We've declined a lot since when Sheridan was manager and the reasons are a shrinking budget, falling gates, crap players, crap managers and sometimes :censored: fans.

Corney is as responsible as those people but at least he has stuck with us instead of selling the club to shady characters that have cropped up in the past 5 years apparently trying to buy us - think we would be in a much worse position with some of them.

Plus he hired Penney - I'll never forgive him for that

Penney's record before SC hired him.

Doncaster Rovers 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.pngEngland 22 April 2000 31 May 2000 66.7%

Doncaster Rovers 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.pngEngland 27 December 2001 30 August 2006 47.3%

Darlington 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.pngEngland 30 October 2006 30 April 2009 43.2%

Edited by BP1960

Killing the club? You wouldn't have a club without Corney! Yes he's made mistakes but be honest would you sink your money into a club knowing that without a doubt you will never see any of it back? He's put millions into our club. He's not from Oldham and no matter how well we do he won't recap his investment - unless we make it to the Premiership. No matter what he does, every decision is greeted by 'he's only in it for the money', ' he doesn't put enough money in', he's killing the club'. Get real!

We won't see a funnier post than this one all year folks, superb.

Penney's record before SC hired him.

Doncaster Rovers 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.pngEngland 22 April 2000 31 May 2000 66.7%

Doncaster Rovers 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.pngEngland 27 December 2001 30 August 2006 47.3%

Darlington 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.pngEngland 30 October 2006 30 April 2009 43.2%

And after we got rid of him he spent the next 3 years teaching kids football in Doncaster - obviously in great demand!

Ever thought we might have accepted this season is over? Get the bones of a squad which should see us over the line with as little expense as possible (never guarenteed)

Bank the cash to give us the opportunity to add permanant quality for the start of a new campaign in September...

Doubt it. Cup money and transfer money is going to the new stand, that isn't big enough to bring in much needed revenue.

What a load of tosh some people come out with .
We are a team punching above our weight in league one , we have a league 2 budget , league 2 gates and a non league ground.

We have to stick to the leagues fair play rules which means on our gates we will always have a budget problem.

The sh*te hole of a ground stems back to big Joes days.

The board then were pathetic dinosaurs who just had the attitude , well lets enjoy it whilst we are here.

No investment was made or any attempt to raise the profile of the club to attract any interest.

When you look at all the teams that were in div 2 when we won it you can see the progress a lot of these teams have made .

Look at Notts County , similar to us from the premier league days and have followed are course since . yet look at their ground , a great stadium that was a pleasure to visit.

since SC has come in a lot of money has been wasted proping up a sh*te hole , money that could have been spent on the team had previous investment come about to make BP a decent ground.

We survive by selling our best players because nobdy buys the others ??

SC is doing a pretty god job in very trying circumstances and those who don't think so no jacksh*te about running a business or a football club.

The only way Latics will progress from our current position is for a similar JR period.

The difference is that LJ can't sign playes from City reserves etc as they are earning more than probably half a dozen Latics players put together.

the alternative is to find some young talent from non league clubs , get a manager that has a plan to carry it out and support him.

We have given LJ a 4 year contract to fulfill that ambition and unless an oil magnate comes riding across chaddy fields on a camel then we have no alternative but to support that.

SC could have moved on and cut his losses a long time ago and we would be in the same league as Stockport now , instead he has kept us going and in league one ,i am sure he would sell tomorrow IF the right investor came along so fair play to him that it hasn't but he has stuck around.
Until then he will keep us going but i think the LJ project may be his last if it doesn't work out.

For all our sakes lets support him and hope it does.

Edited by losesome

Doubt it. Cup money and transfer money is going to the new stand, that isn't big enough to bring in much needed revenue.

It doesn't bear thinking about what shape the club would be in without the bonus cup and transfer money.

Posted · Hidden by Zorrro, January 31, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Zorrro, January 31, 2014 - No reason given

Oldham athletic pay 200,000 pounds each year to SC's buddies. SC is involved in this and is being investigated by the football league about not having his best interests at heart for the club but for his own wallet.

He effectively has no money he borrowed 80 grand for the foundations for the new stand but has non left and he can't pay that back. Administration is a reality at present. Any money saved is sent straight back them 3 ( wages tarky deal etc). Corrupt is not even close to what goes on behind closed doors.

The main stand upper to be shut in 2 years after several complaints to many safety officials and a demand notice from the FL.

I thought i would finally reveal this as i am sick and tired of what goes on behind closed doors and the fans not knowing.

Most sensible thing posted in this thread

I don't know. Beegs' post on us 30+ year olds is pretty spot on for me.

Yep, I went as nuts as the next fan last Saturday, but - heck, when we lose, or play :censored:e, it doesn't affect me nearly as much as it used to when I was in my early twenties. :censored:, it used to ruin my weekends.

Now, well - bigger fish to fry. At most it might have me grumbling into my post match pint at the Range, but TBH; by the time I'm on my way home, I couldn't give less of :censored: really.

It's football. It's not life or death, no matter what Shankley says.

It's still the club I support, but the way I do that now, & that level of support has definitely changed as I've got older....

Oafc_33, a big accusation that! Proof I hope? Even if corney takes a slice is he not entitled to earn anything back from what he put in? As for money to the other 2 as far as I'm aware we owe them money (director loans?) and I would fully expect any extra we earn to pay some of that, is reducing debt not an appropriate part of adult budgeting? Main stand upper closing, would expect that when New stand is finished as that would be next likely renovation to me

Oafc_33, a big accusation that! Proof I hope? Even if corney takes a slice is he not entitled to earn anything back from what he put in? As for money to the other 2 as far as I'm aware we owe them money (director loans?) and I would fully expect any extra we earn to pay some of that, is reducing debt not an appropriate part of adult budgeting? Main stand upper closing, would expect that when New stand is finished as that would be next likely renovation to me

Only proof i have is texts off Joe Royal and Mike Keegan. Anything else was spoken. The koukash deal fell through over a spat over land. All that Corney has left is the land and which is all (atm) he is bothered about.