is today the most. ridiculous owtb meltdown ever?

Is today the most ridiculous owtb meltdown ever?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Is today the most ridiculous owtb meltdown ever?

• Yes
    • No

We've sold Tarky, I'm sad about that..... I was just as sad when we sold Andy Linighan.... in the end it didn't matter.

We've signed some pup from Stockport.... we signed some pup called Earl Barrett from Citeh.... in the end it didn't matter.

We're in a precarious position in the League.... we were in a precarious position in the League in 1988/89.... in the end it didn't matter.

I'm a Latics fan, come rain, sleet or sunshine. Get behind the team.

KTF

Same every season when the window opens. How may posters on here know all the FACTS?

Every signing or potential signing is labeled before they kick a ball for the club. He's the managers friend, he has an attitude etc etc.

A centre back who 80% of this board didn't want in the team last season because he wasnt "good enough" has left the club and its total uproar because of the fee which no :censored:er actually knows yet!!!

Now everyone is entitled to a opinion and that's fine but we don't know the facts, the fee of the transfer or the ins and outs of how the club is run financially. You dont have a god given right to know either. We spend our money that's a choice, nobody forces us.

Wait until the summer when Smith leaves for less that owtbs posters value him at, it all all starts again.

Players leave and the club keeps going but just because our better players leave does not mean the owner is stripping the club. The new stand is under way and things will look different in 18 months again. We are a league 1 sized club possibly league 2 what do you expect?

There has been some barmy stuff written about our signings, like we have unlimited funds to bring in top players. I'd like to see what these people would do given the budget LJ has.

Cue loads of stuff about how they got Oldham, or even someone non-league to the Champions League Final in 2024 on Football Manager.

Same every season when the window opens. How may posters on here know all the FACTS?

Every signing or potential signing is labeled before they kick a ball for the club. He's the managers friend, he has an attitude etc etc.

A centre back who 80% of this board didn't want in the team last season because he wasnt "good enough" has left the club and its total uproar because of the fee which no :censored:er actually knows yet!!!

Now everyone is entitled to a opinion and that's fine but we don't know the facts, the fee of the transfer or the ins and outs of how the club is run financially. You dont have a god given right to know either. We spend our money that's a choice, nobody forces us.

Wait until the summer when Smith leaves for less that owtbs posters value him at, it all all starts again.

Players leave and the club keeps going but just because our better players leave does not mean the owner is stripping the club. The new stand is under way and things will look different in 18 months again. We are a league 1 sized club possibly league 2 what do you expect?

what this bloke said.....someof the doom and gloom merchants on here don't deserve a football club to follow...imho

I've been a member on here for years - I read posts most days, but never normally post as I've not lived anywhere near Oldham for the last 20 years (lived in Middleton til I was 10, then moved away), and as a result I don't get to many games so don't think it's right for me to rant and rave about things that I've not seen first hand.

The meltdown on here today because we've sold a player (albeit a very promising one) made me feel the need to post though, so here goes....

We are a small club. No really, we are. We will survive by developing young players and selling them for a profit.

Yes it's undisclosed, yes we'd all rather see the actual figure and want it to be £1m+, but in the cold light of day, a young lad, had the opportunity to move on to a (marginally) bigger and better club. With the right re-investment of that money, a 4 sided ground, a young team playing football with confidence, given to them by a bright, young manager and a Chairman who cares about the club, maybe, just maybe we can build the foundations of a sustainable club and get ourselves out of league one in the next few years.

We may sell players for less than teams like Crewe, but even with the millions they picked up from Selling Powell, Westwood, and all the others over the years where are they currently sat in the same league as us?

Rant over....

What intrigues me more is that LJ seems to have made plans/irons in the fire/players already lined up, when we lose player for whatever reason.

It's not panic buying, it's not oh bugger emergency loan stuff.....it seems we are prepared for it more, especially when they have already been training with us, even with tarky coming back seems to be because we need time to bed in a new player etc.

I'm happy with the recent batch Harkins, Worral etc.......I've yet to decide on Lockwood as it was a bit of a baptism of fire on Tuesday.

But whatever the reason/fee that tarky went for, he's been tremendous for us this season and I wish him well. We may never know the reason why he's gone, the fee blah, blah blah but I feel assured that LJ and his team have not just plan a, but plan b.

Prepping for next season maybe, especially the comments re kusunga and his reoccurring injury.

I'm not a chess fan but I think LJ has a more tactical brain than the previous managers and I happy with the season so far

Edited by underdog

I see that is probably the 2013 or even 2012 version, plus you only got us promoted as runners-up from this league. #zorrroout

Wow, check out Eagle-Eye Cherry over here.

It was FM12 though, well done. Still puts me two years ahead of schedule. #upyours

Brilliant - you've just nailed why this forum is so funny