What a cracking win

How did Harkins play today ? It sounded like he had a lot of the ball in the LP commentary, I think all we needed is 2 experienced centre halves something we've not had for a while, both Lockwood and Wilson now this division well, having young CBs like Tarky often lead to mistakes due to inexperience that then leads to conceding goals, I think Kusunga was injured today, but for me I would not change the back 4 for Saturday, I think LJ has made some good signings only question mark is over JPK but not seen him play yet so who knows

Harkins played well in what was quite a scrappy game at times. He faded a bit during the second half but finished quite strongly.

JPK was only on for five minutes but he looked like he had a little bit of pace, only a short lad though.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean the night Eyresy aimed the corner at the edge of the box and the wind blew it in, it must have been horrific today.

It was very very windy to the point of goal kicks coming back in the direction of the kicker. I also thought we has resigned Ricky Holden in the transfer window after a corner very nearly went straight into the net at the far post.

Oh, and on the point of corners, I can't recall a single one, or free kick, hitting the first man, so long may that continue!!

How did Harkins play today ? It sounded like he had a lot of the ball in the LP commentary, I think all we needed is 2 experienced centre halves something we've not had for a while, both Lockwood and Wilson now this division well, having young CBs like Tarky often lead to mistakes due to inexperience that then leads to conceding goals, I think Kusunga was injured today, but for me I would not change the back 4 for Saturday, I think LJ has made some good signings only question mark is over JPK but not seen him play yet so who knows

Harkins played very well; some good tricks, some clever balls and sometimes just the simple pass. I suppose it would be too much to expect for him to break his full back's shoulder EVERY week!

Would be happy with 2 wins and a draw from the next few games, I can see us losing to MK away but the other three are there for the taking.

Serious question - if we won 3 and drew one, do you think we could make the top ten? Play-offs are out of reach now obviously, but if that happened then top ten may be a possibility? (I'm not saying this will happen btw, just saying that, if we do get ten points, it's a possibility)

do you expect a

we are eighth from bottom. we are a poor team. I want us to win all our games but we wont or do you think we will go on a 15 game winning streak.

I think the question was "what would you be happy with?" Not "what do you expect to happen?"

And we aren't 8th from bottom.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Would be happy with 2 wins and a draw from the next few games, I can see us losing to MK away but the other three are there for the taking.

Serious question - if we won 3 and drew one, do you think we could make the top ten? Play-offs are out of reach now obviously, but if that happened then top ten may be a possibility? (I'm not saying this will happen btw, just saying that, if we do get ten points, it's a possibility)

We are 3 points from the top 10 with 17 to play. If we get 10 points from the next 4 games then I'd expect we would be very close to top 10.

Especially if we beat MK twice, as they are in 10th

And Gillingham are 2 points better off than us, so beating them would help.

There's a lot of teams within a few points of each other. But the reason they (we) are in mid table is because they are all inconsistent. So a good run would see us with a great shout of a top half finish.

A very good win, when many were criticising the signing of Lockwood I said he was the type of solid central defender who would be ok in this division, Wilson is also experienced at this level and its only a few months ago since he played for Wales in a tough game in Belgium.

Harkins is the creative spark we were crying out for and the other additions seem fine.

Let's hope though for a few resounding home wins to put doubters from a couple of months ago like me in their place.

I wasn't on about you Lags.

I was making the point that when we lose, there are far more topics and threads than when we win. It pisses me right off if I'm honest.

Course there are more topics when we lose. When we win we could have one topic saying 'great result' and not realistically need any more. Perhaps a couple saluting a particular players performance or such. And, there were at least 2 seperate congratulation threads which were merged after yesterday's win. Besides this people are content to go and have a beer and a laugh with their mater after a win.

When we lose, fans are frustrated, and invariably there's a number of inquests! People come on here to vent their frustration and get it out of their system. It's that or give the cat a kick!

What pisses me off more is the empty heads posting :censored: like "I be you couldn't wait for us to lose" after a defeat. Anybody who actually believes that fans want us to lose so they can moan needs their f*cking bumps felt!

Course there are more topics when we lose. When we win we could have one topic saying 'great result' and not realistically need any more. Perhaps a couple saluting a particular players performance or such. And, there were at least 2 seperate congratulation threads which were merged after yesterday's win. Besides this people are content to go and have a beer and a laugh with their mater after a win.

When we lose, fans are frustrated, and invariably there's a number of inquests! People come on here to vent their frustration and get it out of their system. It's that or give the cat a kick!

What pisses me off more is the empty heads posting :censored: like "I be you couldn't wait for us to lose" after a defeat. Anybody who actually believes that fans want us to lose so they can moan needs their f*cking bumps felt!

Bang on.......

No what should really annoy and what really does damage is booing at the ground. During the Peterborough match even their goals we had booing!!!

Mental innit?

They always moan that we don't win enough so, therefore, must be really pissed off whenever we do. Lets stick two fingers up at them. That'll have put them in their place etc...

As spectacular a train of thought as you'll ever see.

It's funny. I think my motive for coming on this forum is quite the opposite. Win or lose, I come on here to get excited about Latics, catch the latest news and rumours and look forward to the next game. Some people seem to only come on here (or comment) when bad things happen (or what they perceive as bad things). Case in point.....Yesterday afternoon I updated my squad graphic for the first time in months and added all the latest faces. To date there has not been a single post or upvote.

I'm happy to engage in calm debate about the specific finer details of managerial decisions made on or off the pitch. But too few of the less positive fans on here seem happy to do that. Its too much of the over generalized, black and white, over emotional and most often of all a speculative brand of pessimism that I see.

Trying to convince myself that's not a penalty for them first half. Struggling.

Numbers in the box when we scored. Innovative!

Have to agree I think we got away with the penalty, makes up for early season decisions, great strike from Grounds for the goal, "put your foot through it lad".

It's funny. I think my motive for coming on this forum is quite the opposite. Win or lose, I come on here to get excited about Latics, catch the latest news and rumours and look forward to the next game. Some people seem to only come on here (or comment) when bad things happen (or what they perceive as bad things). Case in point.....Yesterday afternoon I updated my squad graphic for the first time in months and added all the latest faces. To date there has not been a single post or upvote.

I'm happy to engage in calm debate about the specific finer details of managerial decisions made on or off the pitch. But too few of the less positive fans on here seem happy to do that. Its too much of the over generalized, black and white, over emotional and most often of all a speculative brand of pessimism that I see.

Thats where I am at Mr Starbuck.