Tarkowski. Do we need him back?

Not too chuffed with having him back if he is only with us short-term. I am not hugely impressed with lads who think that half a good season warrants a move. Plus his performance level had dropped over recent weeks and I can only assume that is down to his looking at longer-term options. So I can't see that being better now he's left.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't fault James for wanting to take the step up with a route into Championship football. No doubt he'll put in a shift whilst he's back but he ain't our player anymore. He was a great servant, secured us much needed funds and for me, a legend for the club - not at the Stitch, Eyres, Shez level but one in our current era alongside Jose!

We need to plan without him though with the likes of Wilson and Lockwood; play them to stay in this league and the take stock to understand if they can carry on the project at the back into next season or recruit again.

Ooooo dilemma....

Surely part of the Loan back agreement is that he returns back to them match fit or playing games? Or is the double edge sword part is that he could get injured playing for us?

I originally thought tarky coming back was to help us to bed in ha new defence, also tarkys own comments re getting time to relocate etc.

Clean sheet yesterday with a new a pairing puts this on its head doesn't it...pre Swindon game I would say play him, post Swindon I'm now not too sure as I'm selfish oafc fan and I want oafc players to play....hmmmmmm

Be interesting to see who starts next week now.

I don't understand why some think ythat Brentford have dictated this loan. We will have made it part of the deal not them for what reason I'm not sure especially for only a month.

If Brentford are unhappy if the does not play sod them!

Brentford are top and unbeaten in as while. Tarky won't be starting for them yet anyway.

It basically gives LJ selections dilemmas for an area we have been weak for some time. Nice problem to have I'd say.

But yes, Tarky should be on the bench not starting. The Swindon partnerships deserve a run, as everyone has said.

Notice a bit of banter between Tarky and Harkins (which as first I though went a bit far)so agree Tarky will accept being on the bench.

He may as well be on our bench rather than theirs!!!

If Simon managed to persuade Tarky that it was best 'for yourself' to remain with us on loan the I think James has been conned but am delighted that LJ still has him as part of the squad. (even though I still think we undervalued him)

Sir Gary Harkins just gets funnier and more amusing by the day, what a player to have signed, lights up the matches!

Whilst I can see the value of having him back in the squad, my pride and love for my club means I will always have a hard time accept accepting back someone who doesn't want to play for us anymore.

I don't blame him for leaving and wish him well. Time will tell whether his true performance level is the majestic early season performances that raised his profile, or the more underwhelming form of earlier years. Of late he has clearly been less impressive and I hope for his sake it is due to a turned head and lack of focus.

Thanks for all your efforts Tarky, but move on for me!

Edited by whitey1980

Whilst I can see the value of having him back in the squad, my pride and love for my club means I will always have a hard time accept accepting back someone who doesn't want to play for us anymore.

I don't blame him for leaving and wish him well. Time will tell whether his true performance level is the majestic early season performances that raised his profile, or the more underwhelming form of earlier years. Of late he has clearly been less impressive and I hope for his sake it is due to a turned head and lack of focus.

Thanks for all your efforts Tarky, but move on for me!

agreed.

I don't see why we can't have tarky in the squad and still the build for next season at the end of the day it's a free player and it's not like we are going to get a better player coming in. Aslong as the rest of the players are happy and tarky himself wants to be here and play well I really have no problem with it.

If we are to lose a quality youth product for peanuts, then I would at least like to see them make a proper step up in class.., but Brentford?? With Wolves and Orient up there, they could easily still be in League One next season...

I couldn't give a crap where he goes he could of gone to Hyde Fc for all I care aslong as we got a good deal for Oldham athletic. but as the figure is undisclosed we are all completely in the dark on that one.

I've not ploughed through all of this thread, so I apologise if I'm repeating what others may have said. With Kusunga injured, I'm guessing that Tarky back on loan gives us cover until Kusunga is fit again. Kind of makes sense in a way as it means we don't have to scrabble around for a CB if Wilson or Lockwood are injured or suspended.

Without Tarky back, if we lost either of those in the next month, we'd either have to use Belezika or put Grounds back to CB. The latter would leave a problem at LB with only Mellor as an option at LB and that gets a mixed reaction. The way Wilson and Lockwood played yesterday, I'd be amazed if Tarky came straight back in. The pair of them looked as if they'd played together for months, not minutes.

Would he sign for a promotion chasing club and not want to be involved in that promotion?

I'll be very surprised if he stays longer than the month.

Agree, putting my favourite cynical hat on Corney has asked for a months loan to take the sting out of the transfer.

I do expect him to come straight back into the team though.