Tarkowski. Do we need him back?

From reading Tarky’s interview on the Brentford OS, it looks to me that he is another beneficiary of Latics being a caring Club.

He was nervous about moving to that there London and needed reassurance from other players, family and Latics. He needs time to arrange his move, which he didn’t fancy trying to do over a couple of days. Who would? Obviously LJ is resigned to him going, so SC has suggested, as part of the deal, the month’s loan to give him the time he needs to sort out the move comfortably.

He's grateful for that and at the same time he can help Latics out of a “tricky situation” if his help is needed, which he’d like to do to repay the Club for helping him in his career.

He can be on the bench ready to help out in defence, midfield or up front if needed. Everybody benefits - simples!

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/james-tarkowski-quotes-31.01.14-1332309.aspx

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From reading Tarky’s interview on the Brentford OS, it looks to me that he is another beneficiary of Latics being a caring Club.

He was nervous about moving to that there London and needed reassurance from other players, family and Latics. He needs time to arrange his move, which he didn’t fancy trying to do over a couple of days. Who would? Obviously LJ is resigned to him going, so SC has suggested, as part of the deal, the month’s loan to give him the time he needs to sort out the move comfortably.

He's grateful for that and at the same time he can help Latics out of a “tricky situation” if his help is needed, which he’d like to do to repay the Club for helping him in his career.

He can be on the bench ready to help out in defence, midfield or up front if needed. Everybody benefits - simples!

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/james-tarkowski-quotes-31.01.14-1332309.aspx

He already has a problem concentrating for 90 minutes, if he is spending the next month arranging moving to London off the field, his head will be elsewhere. Dont play him, keep him as back up. Defense kept a clean sheet Saturday, apparently looked solid, and there is still Kusunga and Grounds capable of playing CB. I'd be playing him CM if anywhere for the last 5 minutes, use his passing ability rather than his defensive (where he is lacking) skills.

I meant in this current era where we need cash and they ply their trade, entertain us, put in a shift and secure us a return. Legend is probably a strong word but you get my drift

I can only think of one person who I would class as a legend in recent times: Paul Warne. Any player that literally gives 200% week in week out and plays with is heart on his sleave is a legend to me. Maybe Eyresy if we're going that far back for "recent"

I can only think of one person who I would class as a legend in recent times: Paul Warne. Any player that literally gives 200% week in week out and plays with is heart on his sleave is a legend to me. Maybe Eyresy if we're going that far back for "recent"

:lol:

If the terms of the deal awe as Chron quoted then doesn't make sense for Brentford.

1. Brentford buy the player for £150,000+

2. Brentford loan player back to OAFC for initial 1 month but if emergency loan exercised to maximum period then OAFC retain player got whole of this season

3. Brentford pay OAFC % of fee if Brentford achieve promotion despite player not playing for Brentford (which I doubt)

All I can say Tarkowski must have impressed Brentford enough to agree to this deal. Either that or Brentford are anticipating that Tarkowski, through our coaching, will be valued way in excess of their purchase price come May so have bought early to avoid being outbid by Championship or Prem clubs in the summer.

If this agreement is as above then you can only commend Corney. The lad obviously saw his future elsewhere, we couldn't stand in his way but not only have we received a fee but retained the player for rest of this season and possibly get financial bonus for the player's new parent club achieving promotion.

Daniel Levy of League One?

If the terms of the deal awe as Chron quoted then doesn't make sense for Brentford.

1. Brentford buy the player for £150,000+

2. Brentford loan player back to OAFC for initial 1 month but if emergency loan exercised to maximum period then OAFC retain player got whole of this season

3. Brentford pay OAFC % of fee if Brentford achieve promotion despite player not playing for Brentford (which I doubt)

All I can say Tarkowski must have impressed Brentford enough to agree to this deal. Either that or Brentford are anticipating that Tarkowski, through our coaching, will be valued way in excess of their purchase price come May so have bought early to avoid being outbid by Championship or Prem clubs in the summer.

If this agreement is as above then you can only commend Corney. The lad obviously saw his future elsewhere, we couldn't stand in his way but not only have we received a fee but retained the player for rest of this season and possibly get financial bonus for the player's new parent club achieving promotion.

Daniel Levy of League One?

With respect to the amount contingent on Brentford's promotion, I know such terms are not uncommon but I don't see how they're allowed when the deal is between two clubs in the same division. It can create a clear conflict of interest.

If, come the end of March, we've got nothing to play for, should we let them win?

With respect to the amount contingent on Brentford's promotion, I know such terms are not uncommon but I don't see how they're allowed when the deal is between two clubs in the same division. It can create a clear conflict of interest.

If, come the end of March, we've got nothing to play for, should we let them win?

That is a very, very good point. We might have to!

That is a very good point...

Match-fixing you say? Just what this season is missing!

No, wait..

If Tarky hadn't moved yesterday and was still an OAFC player, would you still not want him anywhere near the starting XI? Yesterday it was a travesty to lose him and today he's suddenly turned :censored:?

Surely getting him back on loan gives us a bit of continuity and lets the 'new' back 4 have a few weeks to train together. If anything, that shows more building for the future than throwing a new defence in straight away. (But fair play to them, a clean sheet in their first game is promising!)

Well, if he hadn't have left then yes, obviously I would want him in the team! he's a decent player

Secondly, I didn't in any way suggest he was ":censored:"!

Thirdly, I would much rather we focus on building our new defence and short term loanees are never my preferred option.....not sure if you went on Saturday but it was a very good performance and I will continue to back LJ's judgement so if he elects to play Tarky then so be it, but I would rather he stays in london

Nah, lets just move on. The lad has left, the lad has flaws, :censored: ironing them out for brentfords benefit. Not a big fan of loanees as it is, nevermind playing a loanee who came thru our system just so we can help him improve to play for somebody else. One of my fave players, gutted he's left. Be nice to see him back at BP, but not to for another teams gain.

Its a weird situation to be in.

He has been arguably our best player of the season; and rightly or wrongly, he's likely to be back with us.

Now - here's the tricky one. If it is just a month; then why play him at the expense of Lockwood & Wilson, depriving them of game time, fitness and the chance to gell the partnership? It makes no sense to us; as when he goes after the month - it leaves us weaker again.

Now, if he comes back; is on the bench as back-up - meaning Lockwood & Wilson can start to develop the partnership - to what benifit is that to Tarky and his new club? None.

I would wager if he's coming back at all, it'll be to play. But i'm not sure how i feel about? I'm coming down on the side of 'for the best for the club' and that isnt to play him; so what is the point of the loan?

I think it's been said by Tarky that part of the reason for the loan back is that it helps him sort himself out in London as he wasn't keen at first to move to the smoke.

If he can help us in the meantime then great.

Lockwood and Wilson should start on Saturday. They deserve to as they kept a clean sheet last week and I'd be saying that if Tarky had missed the game through injury or suspension.

Tarky may not be here come 8th March. As much as LJ of course wants him for the season, Brentford will probably not want that, especially if the initial loan is just to ease the player's nerves/reluctance. As he may not be here, Lockwood and Wilson need to form a partnership and with all due respect to our upcoming opponents (we are just as likely to lose to any of them given our own shortcomings/inconsistency), it's a good run of sides against which for them to learn each other's games.

We are of course as fickle as ever and whilst everyone's happy for Tarky to sit on the bench as we bask in the glory of actually keeping a clean sheet, if we ship three on Saturday this place will be clamouring for Tarky to be starting.

Edited by jsslatic

In yesterday's Chron, LJ was quoted saying:

“We have sold James Tarkowski, but for a good price and with a big sell-on - and he’s coming back to us for the rest of the season.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/84451/wilson-hoping-the-frustration-is-over

Was this after LJ's meeting with Tarky to discuss the proposed loan? :unsure:

In the Chron, Tarky says:

“If the loan gets sorted, then I hope I can repay the fans with more good performances before I move on to Brentford.”

It also says Athletic hope to wrap up the deal for his return on Friday.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/84488/premier-league-talk-pie-in-the-sky-tarky