Brentford FC and Matthew Benham

Some startling figures in their report and accounts.

Lost £5m last season and the season before.

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/brentford-fc-agm-2014-1336744.aspx

Their owner is in it for £30m so far. £12m of that is through loans.

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/documents/bfc-statutory-final-accounts-may-2013277-1336709.pdf

Anybody see a new force in London football being built, or a small boat heading for the rocks at full throttle.

Edited by opinions4u

new ground due, probably favourites to go up and leave this god forsaken division...pretty rosy situation imho

fair play, will miss Brentford as always a good day/evening out

good luck to 'em

I don't think that necessarily guarantees stability. Take Plymouth and Darlington as examples of how spectacularly wrong it can all go with mismanagement. Bolton and Coventry could also be thrown into that category at the moment and Leicester and Southampton were both in very bad situations 5 years ago until they pulled the classic go into admin and clear the debts swindle that seems to work so well for big clubs in a mire. All looking good for Brentford at the moment though, it'd be nice to see them established in the Championship - a club not too dissimilar to ourselves in many ways.

It depends on how long the owner wants to stick it out and how deep his pockets are. With a new stadium coming soon an academy setup and located in London they are well positioned to from a standard league 1 and league 2 club which they have been for most of their existence to become a mid ranking championship club.

A disaster waiting to happen. There is nothing wrong necessarily with a speculative transfer and investment policy if you have the spectator base to support it. They have neither the catchment area to support a massive upturn in support or any history of past achievement to suggest it may develop.

Besides, on what I watched at Griffin Park before Christmas, I'm not entirely sure what they have spent that money on!! Out of interest, is their new stadium entirely privately funded?

A disaster waiting to happen. There is nothing wrong necessarily with a speculative transfer and investment policy if you have the spectator base to support it. They have neither the catchment area to support a massive upturn in support or any history of past achievement to suggest it may develop.

Besides, on what I watched at Griffin Park before Christmas, I'm not entirely sure what they have spent that money on!! Out of interest, is their new stadium entirely privately funded?

They are building a large number of flats (900 rings a bell) to help fund the stadium.

The company I work for is going to build the new stadium as part of a regeneration programme which involves retail and residential costing upwards of £160 million (I'll check on the figures tomorrow and who is funding it). One thing is certain is Willmott

Dixon will not entertain going into contract unless whoever is paying has the funding already in place, passes Dun & Bradstreet

credit checks and other hurdles.