Tarky no longer on loan?

It was posted on Twitter on Friday that Brentford has blocked the loan move. They said that they originally wanted to send him back to "help with his development." It's a bad sign when a club like Brentford see us a feeder club.

But they don't . The whole loan back thing has been described several times - he wasn't going to get into their team and would have got games here. Nothing at all like a feeder club.

Brentford spinning it understandably, just as they did with the supposed fee.

Edited by LaticsPete

Best he doesn't come back for me although something tells me the 'gentleman's' agreement would have helped the deal go over the line.

I'm sure Brentford new before that there centre half pairing had injuries so never intended to let him come back to us...gentleman's agreements don't belong in football these days to many back handers and untrustworthy people with no integrity! Keep it professional Oldham and get everything written down and signed if you want something to happen!

It suits both parties really as I doubt he would've got many games here with Wilson and Lockwood seemingly forming a partnership.

But in principle it's pretty poor on Brentford's behalf to go back on a gentlemen's agreement.

I like the irony that this move, seen as a stepping stone move, has ended up giving him a much better chance of regular football than if he had stayed here!

Reading the Sky Sports report, it seems patently obvious that Brentford have changed their minds on the 'agreement' I guess LJ will have to put it down as a lesson learned, Don't trust Londoners!

What a load of cobblers. I imagine the "agreement" was very much on the lines of if nothing untoward pops up you can have him back - and then something untoward did pop up - half their back 4 got injured

What a load of cobblers. I imagine the "agreement" was very much on the lines of if nothing untoward pops up you can have him back - and then something untoward did pop up - half their back 4 got injured

Talking of cobblers, it would seem that you didn't read fully the Sky Sports article in which it was clearly explained that they had 2 centre backs carrying injuries-not new injuries! They have simply changed their minds! It is not hard to understand!

I did actually refer directly to that article to assist those less well educated on the forum who struggle to understand, but who simply 'imagine.'

We

Talking of cobblers, it would seem that you didn't read fully the Sky Sports article in which it was clearly explained that they had 2 centre backs carrying injuries-not new injuries! They have simply changed their minds! It is not hard to understand!
I did actually refer directly to that article to assist those less well educated on the forum who struggle to understand, but who simply 'imagine.'

Well maybe the carried injuries are taking longer than they thought they would to recover - amounts to the same thing. When the day comes that every media report is the full unexpurgated truth then we'll know; until then imagination is a valuable asset

Well that was all a bit unnecessary, wasn't it?

Whilst it is a shame that he won't be back I think it is for the best, he's been sold and the loan would just prolong the goodbye, the clean break is better for moving on. It isn't often that a player of Tarky's quality is available for loan or one who would slot straight in as easily but he is no longer our player.