• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Asked an American footy fan I know if he was any good:

"No. He struggled in MLS, mainly playing for a poor quality Toronto team. League Two seems to be his level. He was released by Toronto last June and has been out of contract since; he's now 32."

We're close to our limit on loans, no point wasting one just for cover and reserve games.

Problem is with Smith likely to be out for a while he might not be just cover, hasn't played since June and hasn't got International clearence yet which must be a concern

Quote from a Toronto message board:

"Is he Terry Duncefield, never makes a pass forward, not smart enough and the type of player we need to be looking past if we’re ever going to improve, even if yes he certainly does try hard, he’s got passion you can’t ignore that.

Or is he Terry :censored:ing Dunfield! All heart and passion, tireless midfield workhorse, with a knack for the crucial goal, displaying the never say die attitude that TFC desperately needs, even if yes, he’s not the most skillful out there, you can’t ignore that."

The "never makes a forward pass" stands out for me!!!

Edited by mikejh45

"Is he Terry Duncefield, never makes a pass forward, not smart enough and the type of player we need to be looking past if we’re ever going to improve, even if yes he certainly does try hard, he’s got passion you can’t ignore that.

Or is he Terry :censored:ing Dunfield! All heart and passion, tireless midfield workhorse, with a knack for the crucial goal, displaying the never say die attitude that TFC desperately needs, even if yes, he’s not the most skillful out there, you can’t ignore that."

I wouldn't take too much notice of message boards, you only have to look on here to see that a lot of stuff that is posted is utter bollocks.

"Is he Terry Duncefield, never makes a pass forward, not smart enough and the type of player we need to be looking past if were ever going to improve, even if yes he certainly does try hard, hes got passion you cant ignore that.

Or is he Terry :censored:ing Dunfield! All heart and passion, tireless midfield workhorse, with a knack for the crucial goal, displaying the never say die attitude that TFC desperately needs, even if yes, hes not the most skillful out there, you cant ignore that."

If that's the case about the Forward pass the Geddit forward shouters will love him

Clearly getting rid of a few fringe squad players in summer and he is getting some people in with a view to being fringe players next season but that might actually offer something.

Let's be honest it's likely that mellor,Millar, Rodgers, Winchester will be out come summer and wilson, JP, dunfield, Lockwood or on a live trial with a view for Jonno to sign permanent in summer. They are probably better squad players than we have at present on similar wages.