First,Alltime and Present favourite player

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Ritchie - Started going regularly in1990. Number 8 on my first shirt and who I always was in the playground

Andy Ritchie - As above (Shez and Eyres are the only ones who have come close to my childhood hero).

Wes - Gives 100% and the best of not a great bunch if I'm honest.

Also went to my first game at BP in 85 - Grimsby and hooked for life - Mick Quinn scored twice so my first favourite!

Spoilt for choice for all-time, Earl Barrett, Ricky Holden, Ian Marshall and Roger Palmer all up there, but has to be Andy Ritchie.

Currently - Wes, always gives 100% and been around a while (relatively)!

1st. Ooooh Roger Palmer. Scored in my first game stood on the Chaddy in Dec 1986 against Shrewsbury.

All time. Still Palmer, although I acknowledge Andy Ritchie was a better player.

Now. It would be Harkins if he were our player, however he's St Mirren's player that we've borrowed. I'd therefore say Danny Philliskirk. I think he's genuinely grateful for being given the chance again and he shows enough promise to potentially be our talisman in the near future.

Edited by lookersstandandy

People can have favourite players for many reasons. Doesn't have to be about what they've done for the club. It can be simply because they look like the fat balding bloke down the Powerleague who's 'got a surprisingly good touch for a big lad'.