Latics 1-2 Franchise: Post match reaction

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling Johnson tries to rotate our squad for a multitude of reasons :Opposition/Players lack of fitness/Tactics....but it is clear to see the squad players we have aren't good enough This league is about finding a solid 11-13 players that require minimal change...too many ineffective short term fringe players

First half crock of :censored:.

Dunfield crock of :censored:.

Stead. Looks promising but just doesn't do it.

Ref and his linos were :censored: tonight too.

Danny. If you're not up top you're better off on the bench.

I'd go for crock of :censored: for him too.

Improved second half, Dayton, Winchester and JCH all looked like different players when they came out. Dayton especially impressed me.

From :censored: in the first half to mediocre in the second. MK weren't anything special either.

Abysmal first half, the 2 central midfielders hardly crossed the half way line or passed the ball forward, why on earth start with Dunfield when Winchester did ok on Saturday ?

Stead was dispossessed countless times and its no wonder he didn't start the 2nd half, we may have seen the last of him.

Philliskirk was again a fish put of water playing wide and with neither full back getting forward there was no creativity apart from Harkins.

Much better 2nd half with Clarke- Harris putting himself about and Dayton and Winchester a vast improvement on what we had seen earlier.

First half crock of :censored:.

Dunfield crock of :censored:.

Stead. Looks promising but just doesn't do it.

Ref and his linos were :censored: tonight too.

Danny. If you're not up top you're better off on the bench.

Lino main stand side got most of his offside decisions correct tonight. MK sprung our back line with relative ease...

Lino main stand side got most of his offside decisions correct tonight. MK sprung our back line with relative ease...

Yep, agree, it is somewhat embarrassing how the old "third man running" worked against our back 4 or 3 tonight. A lot of the "dodgy" ones first half were correct too.

Win one game , don't have to bother in the next one or sometimes .......the level of ambition and desire we have received from a whole stack of players over the last umpteen years......this more than anything will finish off our club .People get sick and tired of racing from work in midweek to get to a game and the latest batch of short term contractors decide to take another night off.

Awful first startno one awake no effort and they score. 2nd a complete f@@@ up from the usually solid Lockwood. Starting 11 too many changes not Winchester biggest fan but he did ok Saturday and should have started. Danny P is not a winger where was Worrall?

Dunfield ok tried to play to feet at least but no great improvement on what we had. Stead woeful think hew past it some good touches but looks slow ans doent win enough in the air. Plays like he's 34 not 30.

1st half was just not acceptable. Could not work out our tactics or formation. Why Philliskirk was drifting inside so much, and leaving such a gap wide right i do not know. Why none of our bench made any attempt to correct it leads me to believe it was under instructions.

Stead. Lockwood. Grounds. Philliskirk. On that 1st half performance should be nowhere near our side for the next game.

JCH. Dayton. Winchester all did well 2nd half.

Only Harkins and Wes can be happy with their full 90mins work IMO.

Taking that game as a whole:

Just. Not. Good. Enough.

Ad stargazer says above, the whole performance had the feel that they felt that they had done enough at the weekend.

The improvement in the second half was headless and prompted as much by embarrassment as the additions I feel. JCH, Winchester and Dayton deserve praise for adding some enthusiasm and balance, but that was the sort of performance that kills a fan base.

As I've posted elsewhere, the less said about the balance and distribution from our back four the better.....

The team set up was wrong for me, the lack of a winger made us far too narrow. Couple that with the way they came out and all forgot how to play together was the problem. They were just chasing shadows in the first half. The full backs need to get forward more and give us an outlet. Confidence on the ball was so low, afraid to take more than one touch. Deserved to be 2 down after that first half. To our credit we came out with a bit of fight in the second half but on a balance deserved nothing from the game.

Couldn't go tonight working but that attendance was alarming but not unexpected.

Ronnie was sacked because of dwindling crowds but the trend continues.

I have faith Johnson will get it right but I also had faith in Moore, Penney and Talbot for a while. Improvement is needed and quick otherwise this new stand will be bloody empty.

I am dissapointed to say the least, after the start at Stevenage and the way we played early season had suggested goals and entertainment we are now back to alehouse football.

I dont know what Johnson has learned in his first year in management apart from realising that the job is much harder than he ever imagined.

Improvement is needed and a settled team would be a start!

I didn't go tonight - last minute decision as I had a :censored:load of work on. Pissed off at the time, until 3 minutes in....

I listened to LP, and I could visualise every play in my head - because I've seen it so many :censored:ing times before. Sooo many times it's now getting rather monotonous. Struggle to get it to half way, pass it sideways half a dozen times then lump it to a corner. Lose the ball, sit deep. Repeat. Jesus, even my kids don't want to go anymore. Good job their season tickets only cost me £10 each. If it wasn't for Gary Harkins I'd be considering my own ST.

I think last Saturday's result really papered over the cracks - we should have lost that game, and I think most realised this. Don't get me wrong, I'll take the win, so many times over the years we've played well and got nothing in return. But we were poor and a better side would have won. Like tonight? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong there....

I've been a bit worried since Christmas. Prior to that (as a friend has pointed out) we had plenty of reasonable players on decent contracts. Many of these have now gone and been replaced by, in my opinion, :censored:e. Dunfield, Lockwood, Wilson, Stead. Or not replaced at all. Many will say the centre halves have been solid so far. I can't say I've seen it. Lucky perhaps, like last Saturday.

We've lost quality and replaced with :censored:e. We seem to be reaping what we have recently been sowing.

What are we preparing for????