So what was wrong with Rooney?

5 goals in 6 for Aberdeen now and even accetping that most of the SPL is probably of a similar standard to L1 it's worth noting that 2 of them were against the only decent side in it.

So why didn't it happen here?

It's not credible for the manager to say he didn't fit into our style of play as he signed him and almos the whole of the rest of the team

Montano and Schmeltz providing the service? He was made a scape goat the moment he didnt do a lot of running, as with Jon Stead. Latics fans dont know a decent player unless they either run around like a headless chicken or they can 'unlock' a defense.

He isn't the most mobile of players as we know, but when I've watched him in his games for Aberdeen he picks up a lot of the scraps in the box and works hard. Aberdeen are on a roll, creating lots of chances and Rooney has gone there at the right time. Good luck to him, he didn't do much wrong for us in my opinion.

"We simply do not create enough chances"

THIS

PNE away, is continually being held up as a great performance. I was never impressed with it. Other than set pieces we had 2 long range shots. That to me isn't great play throughout a game, great possession yes. Great play to me is opening a team up and creating chances.

How many chances did he have in his time here? Not That many.

"We simply do not create enough chances"

THIS

PNE away, is continually being held up as a great performance. I was never impressed with it. Other than set pieces we had 2 long range shots. That to me isn't great play throughout a game, great possession yes. Great play to me is opening a team up and creating chances.

How many chances did he have in his time here? Not That many.

Granted i've only watched highlights of the SPL but from what I've seen Rooney's movement in the box for Aberdeen is no different to what it was here. The difference is in the delivery of the ball which for Aberdeen is decent whilst ours was abject to say the least. Rooney made some excellent diagonal runs in the penalty area but unfortunately Smith and Wes can't seem to pass a ball accurately over more than a few feet and the delivery from out wide just as bad. A good player has slipped through our fingers but it isn't the first time and won't be the last. Johnson's comments when Rooney departed were embarrassingly stupid.

I'm only going from the odd highlight I've seen from him up there, but my guess is we mostly played quicker wingers who didn't look to cross often whereas he's getting much more service from players who are looking to cross first up there.

It's sod's law because we now have 2 wide men who aren't necessarily lightning quick but they provide much better service in Worrall and Harkins.

We try and play intricate football with 'eye of a needle' through balls. With players that can't :censored:ing pass the ball.

Lack of crosses of any quality into the box.

I just felt Rooney was utilised wrong here. He was signed as our main striker, along with Charlie McDonald. He's been in and out of the side and not given a solid run of games to pick up form. He's got that at Aberdeen, played every game and is reaping the rewards.

We try and play intricate football with 'eye of a needle' through balls. With players that can't :censored:ing pass the ball.

Lack of crosses of any quality into the box.

I just felt Rooney was utilised wrong here. He was signed as our main striker, along with Charlie McDonald. He's been in and out of the side and not given a solid run of games to pick up form. He's got that at Aberdeen, played every game and is reaping the rewards.

Indeed - I used to want us to have a good striker, but after seeing a few here fail, i'm starting to think that wingers that can cross should be the main priority.

Well when I say starting, I mean for the last few years.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Indeed - I used to want us to have a good striker, but after seeing a few here fail, i'm starting to think that wingers that can cross should be the main priority.

Well when I say starting, I mean for the last few years.

You are not wrong, the sad fact is, that we had two at the beginning of the season.

Who could have known that one would turn out be a cheat, whilst the other had "lifestyle issues".

There was nothing wrong with Rooney and, for his sake, I hope he scores in every match for Aberdeen, between now and the end of the season.

You are not wrong, the sad fact is, that we had two at the beginning of the season.

Who could have known that one would turn out be a cheat, whilst the other had "lifestyle issues".

There was nothing wrong with Rooney and, for his sake, I hope he scores in every match for Aberdeen, between now and the end of the season.

Nothing wrong with Rooney? Give me strength.