Trannies 2-2 Latics: Highlights

We're on after 57.30 on the FLS iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/tv/episode/b03xp7bz/

Charlie, never turn your back on the ball like that again!

Well done to the two players who got back for their second. And still managed to leave more space than ever for Lowe.

If Charlie had seen the ball coming and touched it, he would have been offside.

Lack of a challenge from Wesolowski leading to Tranmere's 2nd goal, which might have been affected by his earlier booking, having said that he left Koumas unmarked for the first goal.

Not being harsh just observational, and credit to him for scoring the Latics opening goal.

Edited by BP1960

Our first: Great build up play from Mellor and Harkins, Wes got lucky with the ball's swerve and poor goalkeeping but its the classic 'if you don't buy the ticket' scenario. This is something I find we struggle to do, edge of the area cheeky shots testing the GK constantly throughout the game.

Their first: Mellor at LB was easy pickings for Lowe but ultimately Latics were unlucky and there's not much you could have done defensively.

Our second: Best OG ever? Credit to Lockwood for that wonderful ball through and Charlie Mac please watch the game!

Their second: No left back in position meaning an easy cross but why Brown (who i thought played well for the most part) and Lockwood didn't man mark Lowe I don't know...

Not the greatest point and we should have won quite easily but hey these things happen! Roll on PNE.

Our first: Great build up play from Mellor and Harkins, Wes got lucky with the ball's swerve and poor goalkeeping but its the classic 'if you don't buy the ticket' scenario. This is something I find we struggle to do, edge of the area cheeky shots testing the GK constantly throughout the game.

Their first: Mellor at LB was easy pickings for Lowe but ultimately Latics were unlucky and there's not much you could have done defensively.

Our second: Best OG ever? Credit to Lockwood for that wonderful ball through and Charlie Mac please watch the game!

Their second: No left back in position meaning an easy cross but why Brown (who i thought played well for the most part) and Lockwood didn't man mark Lowe I don't know...

Not the greatest point and we should have won quite easily but hey these things happen! Roll on PNE.

Best I've seen scored in our favour without a doubt though.

Edited by LeylandLatic

Brown never got back, having been caught up field, like the majority of our side, but despite him busting a gut he wasn't quite quick enough. Lockwood was effectively left one-on-one with Lowe, and a striker of Lowe's quality will find the space. Fairly certain Mellor was pushed on too and Grounds was over covering LB, but Cassidy still got a very good cross in.p

Totally rubbish defending or goalkeeping for all 4 goals, laughable really!

new to league 1 ;) To be fair I remember some :censored: of a Man United fan from Leicester at uni slagging off the football league once when we were watching some games in a pub and then sky showed the goals from the bottom 2 divisions and it was a week of absolute stunners which completely silenced him.