DRUM  

96 members have voted

1. 1. what do people think of the drum, should i start bringing it again?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or, use it only when the away fans start a chant - start drumming off-beat to their song, replacing it with one of our own. Eventually, they'll stop singing..

I like this. It might make it seem like it is their drum a bit though. Will best work if both sets of fans are in the RRE, which rules out PNE and Sheff U (currently) plus maybe one or two others though.

I also go watching Manchester Phoenix and they have about eight drummers.

It really gets the atmosphere going in the rink, and has people singing the same song/chant.

I know it is a smaller space but 1200 people in there make a better atmosphere than the 4000 or so at BP.

It may also be the mentality that the Phoenix supporters don't get on the players backs and try to lift their team, unlike the Main Stand moaners I sit with at Latics.

I also go watching Manchester Phoenix and they have about eight drummers.

It really gets the atmosphere going in the rink, and has people singing the same song/chant.

I know it is a smaller space but 1200 people in there make a better atmosphere than the 4000 or so at BP.

It may also be the mentality that the Phoenix supporters don't get on the players backs and try to lift their team, unlike the Main Stand moaners I sit with at Latics.

They're a rare breed these negative fans, you never see them anywhere else.....

thought the drum and us chanters kept preston quiet today.

my bloody arms are killing me from the 15 mins long johnson song.

oh and as for atmosphere the debate ended today as the chaddy beat the rocky.lol im sure I even heard the main stand sing

Haha right!

Same point as before - it might be loud if you're in the chaddy, but no-one else can hear you. Just about heard the drum today, but that was about it.

I loved the drum, I have just started going back to watch Oldham with my 2 children along with my brother in law and his 2! The kids loved it and although they didn't know the songs they where still clapping away. Well Done!

so because its hard to hear us in the chaddy we should stop singing ? nice logic. well 700 of us at tranmere got behind the boys so it can be donee, i take my hat off to that group of fans who get behind the team as has been said they never saw the good times and are their week in week out supporting regardless of the dross served up, quicker they flatten the main stand the better and displace all the moaning brigade.

Or, use it only when the away fans start a chant - start drumming off-beat to their song, replacing it with one of our own. Eventually, they'll stop singing..

Nah, he's better off doing it in a kind of Latin percussion style to disrupt opposition chanting.

Edited by beag_teeets

It was good around 2006ish when the Chaddy was packed out and we all got involved.

Missed Saturday so i'll pass my judgement on tonight, if it's there

Being booted out of the RRE made Saturday like the older days of Chaddy end being packed and standing all game. Better atmosphere. I dont care which stand the home fans are in, keeping them apart dissolves the atmosphere. Make your minds up and just shift all fans into 1 stand.

funny people saying they couldnt hear the fans chanting on saturday but LJ stated he could.

selective hearing me thinks.

im going in the rocky tonight and trying the "atmosphere" for myself as being a chaddy ST holder I feel im missing out on all the beer and best view and don't mention those accoustics.

Hope the singing section tonight is up for it as thats where I am going to sit.

P.s to the bloke who looks like the geezer on soccer am doing the away days. you are as mad a hatter.lol