mills/lanzoni

anybody notice these two cant get games at yeovil and shrewsbury, lanzoni an unused sub again despite yeovil having three players suspended and even more suprisingly mills was an un used sub for shrewsbury yesterday, we miss the pair of them, better news for tarky though two starts two clean sheets at the bees.

Think we may be able to offer Lanzoni more money now than we could in December when his contract expired, something to be said about the timing of expiration of contracts in recent years. As I am quietly confident we weren't exactly playing him much during his spell here and whilst we offered him a good wage to stay it probably wasn't all that much relatively speaking.

Both of them are supposedly under contract until 2015, so even next season the best we could hope for is a longer term loan. Like almost all our former players think it is best to move on as they don't often come back and when they do they often struggle to live up to expectations.

anybody notice these two cant get games at yeovil and shrewsbury, lanzoni an unused sub again despite yeovil having three players suspended and even more suprisingly mills was an un used sub for shrewsbury yesterday, we miss the pair of them, better news for tarky though two starts two clean sheets at the bees.

If you want depressing reading, read what the Brentford fans think of Tarky. :disappointed:

Which is what? Can you put a link or do a summary?

(I'm not signed up on any Brentford Message boards!!!)

I assume they're raving about him. Apparently he was tremendous for them on Saturday. Shouldn't come as a surprise to any of us though. He's too good for this league.

those of us who have seen tarky develop year on year dont need to read about how well he is doing we know brentford got him for a steal its just bemusing how plenty of tics are content with his replacements but there you go our policy is to replace wheat with chaff and we reap the rewards.

it says you need to sign up, what is being said?

"IMO he is the dogs bo**ox. Superb and I don't know how we managed to get him."

"Quality start to his Bees career. Isn't it great to be a Brentford fan right now?"

"You have to say Tarky has come into the side and taken his chance"

"Oozed class with great distribution today"

"Absolute class act! Great bit of business by Brentford"

"This boy looks ace"

"Superb buy. - oozes class, never flurried, great distribution, heads the ball to a Brentford player, gives out stick when deserved."

"He looks special, although it is early days. More mobile than Harley and great distribution. A fantastic addition to the squad."

"Extremely good. Didn't lose one header. 9/10"

"He is bloody brilliant"

"Very impressed with this boy. So calm and make it all look so easy. With a ball high in the air no jigging about, calmly in place, taken down to his feet and ball moved on. Great scouting to get this one in. Most 'stand in' CB's have not fitted in with TC - this boy looks like he has been with us a while. Be a shame for him to lose his place on his last 2 performances."

"I thought his distribution was great yesterday. Played a few lovely direct balls cutting straight though their midfield."

"He was outstanding. Think he could turn out to be a bargain"

"Can't believe we convinced this guy to

stay in league one!! Yesterday, looked to have all the attributes you need in a centre back. Rare to see a defender in our division so physically imposing, technically gifted and accurate. Has he been that way most of this season?"

Basically everything we already knew and more depressing looking at our current back 4 compared to what it was only a few months ago...

EDIT:Reading over it again, that bargain quote hurts!

Edited by NewBlue

"Quality start to his Bees career. Isn't it great to be a Brentford fan right now?"

"This boy looks ace"

"Superb buy. - oozes class, never flurried, great distribution, heads the ball to a Brentford player, gives out stick when deserved."

"He looks special, although it is early days. More mobile than Harley and great distribution. A fantastic addition to the squad."

"He is bloody brilliant"

"Very impressed with this boy. So calm and make it all look so easy. With a ball high in the air no jigging about, calmly in place, taken down to his feet and ball moved on. Great scouting to get this one in. Most 'stand in' CB's have not fitted in with TC - this boy looks like he has been with us a while. Be a shame for him to lose his place on his last 2 performances."

"I thought his distribution was great yesterday. Played a few lovely direct balls cutting straight though their midfield."

stay in league one!! Yesterday, looked to have all the attributes you need in a centre back. Rare to see a defender in our division so physically imposing, technically gifted and accurate. Has he been that way most of this season?"

Basically everything we already knew and more depressing looking at our current back 4 compared to what it was only a few months ago...

It's said you only know how good they are when they have gone.

"This boy looks ace"

"He is bloody brilliant"

FFS

The sooner that people see that Corney is the problem then we shall stop heading for destruction. It was rubbish for some fans to say we couldn't afford to keep Tarky, he wanted to go etc., etc. He should have been kept until we were safe in May and only allowed to leave then at a very good price. Otherwise, we hold on and benefit as his value accrued. The club's behaviour in this instance doesn't match the 3As loaning out Stevens at a crucial stage of the season and almost getting us relegated but both deals suggest betrayal and contempt for our club. And Johnson will not stand seeing good players undersold for much longer. The best thing might be relegation which would force Corney to cut his losses and sell the club at a very low price. I've seen a lot over the past 60 years but this is bad. I'm waiting to be told that all the deals where the club refuse to reveal the fee actually brought in much more than rumoured, but until then I'm sceptical.

With respect - the game was against Bradford at home. A team that will play into his hands. They are direct. Bradford too will know they have to watch Brentford as they are a top side.

I hope he does well, I still believe a lack of pace will be his undoing to stop him being a premier league defender, but I have no doubt he will make a good championship defender, which is more than I expect latics to be in the next few (probably more) years.

The sooner that people see that Corney is the problem then we shall stop heading for destruction. It was rubbish for some fans to say we couldn't afford to keep Tarky, he wanted to go etc., etc. He should have been kept until we were safe in May and only allowed to leave then at a very good price. Otherwise, we hold on and benefit as his value accrued. The club's behaviour in this instance doesn't match the 3As loaning out Stevens at a crucial stage of the season and almost getting us relegated but both deals suggest betrayal and contempt for our club. And Johnson will not stand seeing good players undersold for much longer. The best thing might be relegation which would force Corney to cut his losses and sell the club at a very low price. I've seen a lot over the past 60 years but this is bad. I'm waiting to be told that all the deals where the club refuse to reveal the fee actually brought in much more than rumoured, but until then I'm sceptical.

With respect , that's quite a lot of nonsense in there.

"heading for destruction" , "betrayal and contempt for our club" , "best thing might be relegation".

The first two applied to Chris Moore. As far as I see Corney, despite faults, is actually trying to keep the club solvent and afloat. You (and I ) might want him to spend more or sell less but I just dont know if that's possible in a significant way. Neither do you

With respect , that's quite a lot of nonsense in there.

"heading for destruction" , "betrayal and contempt for our club" , "best thing might be relegation".

The first two applied to Chris Moore. As far as I see Corney, despite faults, is actually trying to keep the club solvent and afloat. You (and I ) might want him to spend more or sell less but I just dont know if that's possible in a significant way. Neither do you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regardless of whether it's due to a lack of funds on Corney's part (that is not his fault), mismanagement or whatever - this club is "heading for destruction" under the current regime. "Keeping it afloat" as is, under these conditions are not working. There can not be an argument about that.

Tarky was a class act but Brentford played a Bradford team on Saturday without Narky Wells or whatever his name is who has also moved on.......

Tarky is still wondering where Wells is for Bradfords first goal at Boundary Park. He always looked good against big lumps.

Regardless of whether it's due to a lack of funds on Corney's part (that is not his fault), mismanagement or whatever - this club is "heading for destruction" under the current regime. "Keeping it afloat" as is, under these conditions are not working. There can not be an argument about that.

Well. there obviously is an argument.

The club is afloat, is not threatened with administration let alone liquidation. It is not thriving but "heading for destruction" is the Corp Jones line of years ago when apparently, it was imminent.

When you say that "keeping it afloat" isn't working, if you mean that we're not progressing up the league then true but that isn't what is generally meant. In the business sense it is working - if it wasn't then we would be similar to Stockport.