The Final Ten Games Run In!

How optimistic are you?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Will we survive or will we be relegated?

• Survival
    • Relegation

Given tonight's 2-0 home loss to Rotherham leaving us 18th and 2 points off relegation with teams below and above us having a game or two in hand, the final ten the lads need to pull their fingers out and maintain our status in this division!!

Our next two games, Crewe away and then Crawley at home, two highly winnable and 6 points desperately needed! That follows two hard games v Leyton Orient away and Brentford at home where we will be lucky to get a point.

April sees us v Bradford away, a difficult ground and a good team especially up front. Sheffield United (h) and Carlisle away (bogey ground) seem the challenges of April with Colchester away and Coventry at home very winnable games.

The may game at home v Notts Co could be the decider, they could be already down and a win is needed to keep us up.

Johnson targets 50 points, 4 wins, Crewe, Crawley, Coventry and Notts County!! followed by a draw or two to tally us at 52.

COME ON YOU BLUES

Lets start with a 6 pointer this Saturday and Next! Keep the faith OWTB members!

Should the inevitable happen and we do go down, I still think LJ is the man to do the deed! In Johnson we trust!

Edited by RoyleArmy1994

In no other season in this league did I ever think we would go down.

But this is the poorest team & squad I can recollect in the last 17 years , and their have been some bad ones.

2003/2004 was a worse team in terms of quality on the field.

But, they bettered themselves with the heart, desire and will to win a football game. This team, has none of that.

I'm not feeling as worried as I did last season (which itself is a concern!)

Our record against the top half is awful so Leyton Orient and Brentford are write-offs imo. Sheffield United will be difficult but still winnable, the rest of the matches are all certainly winnable.

Four wins are needed and I think it's within our reach...just.

I'm not feeling as worried as I did last season (which itself is a concern!)

Our record against the top half is awful so Leyton Orient and Brentford are write-offs imo. Sheffield United will be difficult but still winnable, the rest of the matches are all certainly winnable.

Four wins are needed and I think it's within our reach...just.

Sheffield United will put double figures past us in the form they're in. Unstoppable at the moment.

One thing's for sure, we're in a fight. We aren't down and it's not the time to act as if we are. We aren't going to get a new manager or probably new players in, so we should back the ones we have. One late rally for an equaliser might make the difference, the closed season is long enough for criticism. Until then lets give every game a :censored:ing good go no matter what.

One thing's for sure, we're in a fight. We aren't down and it's not the time to act as if we are. We aren't going to get a new manager or probably new players in, so we should back the ones we have. One late rally for an equaliser might make the difference, the closed season is long enough for criticism. Until then lets give every game a :censored:ing good go no matter what.

If only the team were to do that too....

Last season was the closest i've come to feeling we were could do down. But, even then; looking at the season and the league; I felt the combo of 4 worse teams that us and the sprinkling of talent in the squad last season would see us right. So it proved.

This time around. Are there 4 worse sides that us right now? The league table says so right now; but i'm not so sure. And we do not, definately, have the same quality as last time in this side.

I am now very, very worried. I actually think could well be the season when we drop.

Where are the goals coming from to win us the games needed? Where are the tactics to open up sides and get us the results?

I voted survival but by the skin of our teeth. I'm trying hard not to over react to two home games that I'm not over surprised we lost.

Little worried to hear LJ talking after the game about bringing in even more players. The solution seems to be throwing players at the problem and hope something works.

I have been relaxed about our position until now.

It is not that we have lost the last two games it is rather that the only goal threat comes from Harkins.

It is not just that we had Millar, Mellor and Winchester on the pitch at the same time it is rather that we had Mellor at left back. The combination of Grounds at left back with Harkins left mid field ought to be the first two names on the sheet.

It is not just the lack of confidence in the team it is rather that Corey has had all his energy and commitment drained out of him.

It is not just that our strikers have between them scored only two goals this year it is rather that when faced with an opportunity they can't take it. There were a number of chances against Rotherham of which three should have been converted.

Relegation I'm afraid! In LJ I just don't know anymore!

Last season was the closest i've come to feeling we were could do down. But, even then; looking at the season and the league; I felt the combo of 4 worse teams that us and the sprinkling of talent in the squad last season would see us right. So it proved.

This time around. Are there 4 worse sides that us right now? The league table says so right now; but i'm not so sure. And we do not, definately, have the same quality as last time in this side.

I am now very, very worried. I actually think could well be the season when we drop.

Where are the goals coming from to win us the games needed? Where are the tactics to open up sides and get us the results?

I agree.

The other teams around us are picking up points. Notts County look down. Shrewsbury will have to go some to stay up. Tranmere can't buy a win and we look like the other likely candidate to drop.

A few weeks ago, people were saying Crawley would struggle to stay up with the fixture pile-up but they're two points ahead of us with five games in hand. Bradford were talked about too but they now look safe.

We're right in the :censored:, with three of the teams immediately below us having games in hand and Johnson doesn't look like he's got a clue how to change our run of form.

I agree.

The other teams around us are picking up points. Notts County look down. Shrewsbury will have to go some to stay up. Tranmere can't buy a win and we look like the other likely candidate to drop.

A few weeks ago, people were saying Crawley would struggle to stay up with the fixture pile-up but they're two points ahead of us with five games in hand. Bradford were talked about too but they now look safe.

We're right in the :censored:, with three of the teams immediately below us having games in hand and Johnson doesn't look like he's got a clue how to change our run of form.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/44952-games-in-hand/

The worrying thing for me is that the teams around us are capable of scoring goals. Charlie Mac and Philly look like they couldn't score if the opposition played without keeper! Jonno's the same and then you're down to the young ones. Only Harkins is scoring at the moment. If the defence was water tight this wouldn't be as much of an issue.

The worrying thing for me is that the teams around us are capable of scoring goals. Charlie Mac and Philly look like they couldn't score if the opposition played without keeper! Jonno's the same and then you're down to the young ones. Only Harkins is scoring at the moment. If the defence was water tight this wouldn't be as much of an issue.

It's the lack of goals that is the real reason I think we're now well & truly in the :censored:e

We do fashion chances; we saw that last night - but right now, with the form, confidence and being brutal; the abilities of our players, we just don't look like scoring.

Add to the that the fact that we ship goals, and a large chunk of those being 'soft goals' and we have a huge a problem - that right now, I don't see that there is a solution to....

Edited by slystallone