Johnson in or out ?

Johnson in or out?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Johnson in or out?

In, because no matter how much you put into preparing for 'any' job it is never as easy delivering success at the sharp end. Football probably being the most difficult. No matter what his dad has done, or Russell Slade, or Darren Ferguson or Keith Hill, LJ will never be able to use the same players they did - LJ has to find his own players.

Identifying, bringing together, moulding into a winning unit, creating camaraderie in the group and on a budget (at any level) is a skill, a skill honed with experience, nothing else will compensate for experience.

Russell Slade is the 3rd longest serving manager in the top 4 leagues. He has been in the job only 4yrs. What a scathing indictment for the game. LJ has been here 1yr and is now 46th out of 92 longest serving managers. It's a rat race, it's a mad house, it's a crazily spinning merry-go-round.

As fans we have two main choices: support the product or don't. What a totally frustrating product football is.

Give him a bit longer, the chances of parachuting in a winner are slim.

For me, LJ has not had a brilliant start, no assistant, his mates not delivering or himself being a bad judge, and no settled team. Can it get worse - I don't know, and I don't feel like having another punt right now.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Wheelie bin collections only every fortneet, I suggest we ease off the 'binning' and start 'backing'

I get three different wheelie bins emptied every fortnight.

But I think the poll implies a level of support for Johnson, albeit with reservations, that most managers could only dream of.

I hope he repays it with interest.

To all the people to are to quick to judge, :censored: OFF we don't need u at our club. Real hard core fans only, good times and bad!!!! Support the team and manager

Gates of around 300 then pal.

The people who use the ":censored: off to watch United" etc lines are IMO worse than those doing the whinging.

They really aren't

You know what i'm gettjng at though right?

The notion that the minute you question how the team is being sent to play or how the club is being run; there are always plenty of posters who band about the 'well go and watch City or United if you want to see winning football every week' as though thats the only way.

I want to see winning football, but i dont want to watch City or United as a way to do that - i want to see that at Latics. Is that wrong?

The die hards only; this is Latics so what so expect; :censored: off to watch Utd etc brigade. i dont get it...

There's a few retards on this board, it's a bit like if there's a fire alarm at work, and a certain number of people sit at their desk, still on their phone, they look up and say "it's only a test"

Similar situation here, you guys think its a false alarm but its not, we're on out way down.

That makes it 4 in 20 (1 in 5), there are 9 games left, that means on current form, a maximum of 2 wins, WAKE UP!!! They will be Crawley and Notts Co.

JOHNSON out!!!!

Apologies at the end of the season can be made out to Mr Alex Balls.

PS before Preston I said we'd lose 4 of the next 6 against PNE, Rotherham, Brentford and Orient, beat Crawley and draw with Crewe.

#startlistening

There's a few retards on this board, it's a bit like if there's a fire alarm at work, and a certain number of people sit at their desk, still on their phone, they look up and say "it's only a test"

Similar situation here, you guys think its a false alarm but its not, we're on out way down.

That makes it 4 in 20 (1 in 5), there are 9 games left, that means on current form, a maximum of 2 wins, WAKE UP!!! They will be Crawley and Notts Co.

JOHNSON out!!!!

PS before Preston I said we'd lose 4 of the next 6 against PNE, Rotherham, Brentford and Orient, beat Crawley and draw with Crewe.

#startlistening

We will be fine, but this is the last straw. Calling other people retards for not taking the same stance as you means that you've actually done something I'd never thought I'd do. #dontletthedoorhityou

You know what i'm gettjng at though right?

The notion that the minute you question how the team is being sent to play or how the club is being run; there are always plenty of posters who band about the 'well go and watch City or United if you want to see winning football every week' as though thats the only way.

I want to see winning football, but i dont want to watch City or United as a way to do that - i want to see that at Latics. Is that wrong?

The die hards only; this is Latics so what so expect; :censored: off to watch Utd etc brigade. i dont get it...

Spot on. Our fans have always been polemic. Some think you should put up with :censored: week after week and sit there saying nothing. If you do then they behave like Nazi control freaks and hide behind crap like 'keep the faith ' (in what I really don't know) or tell you to :censored: off to City or United. Others think that paying to watch :censored: every week deserves a critical reaction, especially as free speech is still allowed. it's a consumer society and if you buy faulty goods you have a right to complain.

As for Johnson, he's been :censored: in his first 12 months. He's made more mistakes than a virgin in a brothel. The squad is weaker and the quality as poor as ever. If we stay up then give him a chance to learn from his mistakes.

To all the people to are to quick to judge, :censored: OFF we don't need u at our club. Real hard core fans only, good times and bad!!!! Support the team and manager

So unless you sit back and happy clap when your club is declining you're not a real fan? Ok.

Right you are. Will that cover it or do I have to make one out to each of your multiple personalities on twitter as well?

(I have to admit, I do always ignore the fire alarm at work. It is always a test, though.)

JOHNSON out!!!!

#startlistening

:censored:in hell you're boring

JOHNSON out!!!!

#startlistening

I can't stand the way you post, regardless of the points you make.

But at least you reminded me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZuXWqwbqKA

I hate the arguement who could you get in that's better. If your a failure you should be sacked. He won't be but he is going to take Latics down IMO. I'd sack him now & get someone in to lift the club however that is going to happen so just get behind him but the guy is full of :censored: & blagging his way through the job

On a lighter note, we best not go down. just had a double or quits bet with a mate (city fan) who I'd bet £20 at the start of the season that we would make the play offs. now that was a mistake (albeit pretty sure it was a drunken mistake).

As for this subject - I voted NOT to sack him. The vast change from the start of the season is obvious, some is of the fault of LJ, other parts isn't at all. The football at the start of the season at times was excellent however let's not forget we weren't winning week in week out...it's not as if we have fell from a promotion contending side to a relegation threatened side.

I do feel next season he needs to find a team and stick with it, FAR too much change has happened this season.

I also think he needs to improve tactically with substitutions, It was probably mentioned in the Crewe thread which Ive not looked at yet but it was so obvious that JCH needed to come off as he was GOOSED (and rightly so it's easily the best shift I've seen him put in) and Worral should have been off as he did piss all all game...

Anyway - sticking with him is my vote.