FAO Simon Corney

Simon Corney  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Simon Corney to resign should we go down?

• Yes
    • No

OAFC (2004) is one company, with £6m of shareholders debt/loans whatever.

Brassbank is a comletely separate company which owns the ground and land.

They are not 2 parts of an umbrella company, they don't (afaik) even share any directors now. Blitz (& maybe Gazal) are directors/owners of Brassbank. Corney is director/owner of OAFC (2004).

The ground/land is not on the agenda unless someone can find enough to pay for it - £7-10m?

The club is apparently on the agenda, but the £6m of shareholders/directors loan/debt is un-secured and exceeds all assets (probably by £6m) so it's not really an issue as such, unless a clause is added at any sale.

Though there was talk about OAFC 2004 signing a 40 year lease with Brassbank when the current lease was up. Not sure what's happened.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I think the trust having millions in the bank is wildly optimistic, it is possible that they could easily have a million.

Snip

At it's peak in the early days I'd imagine trust membership was a decent percentage of our fan base

For sure... And The trust and mainly Barry should stop and ask themselves sometimes how the hell did they drive away so many members etc...

Durning the dark days we raised around £250,000 in not much time at all. Membership was around 700 odd (from wiki I don't think the trust even know how many members they have). Went from that to today's sorry state. The idea it was apathy which was suggested the other day is a bit of an excuses. People started seeing all the flaws and stopped investing. In fact I was told via forums the trust wasn't interested in building a war chest so no real way of investing further anyway.

I am sure the trust would be in a better position if it had done the job proper and not alienated so many.

Edited by oafc0000

For sure... And The trust and mainly Barry should stop and ask themselves sometimes how the hell did they drive away so many members etc...

Durning the dark days we raised around £250,000 in not much time at all. Membership was around 700 odd (from wiki I don't think the trust even know how many members they have). Went from that to today's sorry state. The idea it was apathy which was suggested the other day is a bit of an excuses. People started seeing all the flaws and stopped investing. In fact I was told via forums the trust wasn't interested in building a war chest so no real way of investing further anyway.

I am sure the trust would be in a better position if it had done the job proper and not alienated so many.

Perhaps they need someone like myself to help?. I'm a dab hand at research and databases, many who have lapsed could probably be brought back into the fold, as well as adding new members.

Edited by BP1960

Perhaps they need someone like myself to help?. I'm a dab hand at research and databases, many who have lapsed could probably be brought back into the fold, as well as adding new members.

That would be a massive starting point. Assuming it is a problem!

Edited by opinions4u

It's spoken of in similar tones to "Treadstone" or SPECTRE

Ha ha - In fairness though, when TTA said they were going to buy the land back, they said they were going to put it in Brassbank according to a news article. Though to mention I didn't noticed at the time and had to go looking for it.

Edit: See link -http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/other-sport/new-era-dawns-1100349

Edited by jimsleftfoot

In August 2011, Simon Corney told the Chron:

“We have agreed a 20-year lease with my two former partners, with an option for a further 20 years, and this has secured the future for the next 40 years. I am comfortable with what has been agreed and looking forward to getting on with it. Eventually we would like to knock down the building, but the first thing is to rebuild the stand we knocked down three years ago. Another older stand needs knocking down, and I would hope all four stands will be rebuilt within seven to ten years.”

He added: “I will own the shares in the football club along with the trust. It is in good hands and for the first time I am confident in ploughing more money into the football club.”

We can all talk about the trust until we are blue in the face but at the end of the day it can only be seen as a failure because it drives too many divisions between supporters. Can anyone really see us uniting together in its current guise?

Lack of a united front amongst the fans is a big problem at Oldham in general IMO, you can see it across a whole host of issues, but can this ever be changed?

I think the only way forward is for a new supporter body independent of the trust and club that shy's away from the current politics and situation, concentrating instead on listening to the everyday fans, giving them a voice, as well as exploring avenues to secure the long term future of the club. The problem is I can't see a way for this to be implemented at our club.

We can all talk about the trust until we are blue in the face but at the end of the day it can only be seen as a failure because it drives too many divisions between supporters. Can anyone really see us uniting together in its current guise?

Lack of a united front amongst the fans is a big problem at Oldham in general IMO, you can see it across a whole host of issues, but can this ever be changed?

I think the only way forward is for a new supporter body independent of the trust and club that shy's away from the current politics and situation, concentrating instead on listening to the everyday fans, giving them a voice, as well as exploring avenues to secure the long term future of the club. The problem is I can't see a way for this to be implemented at our club.

The only realistic option is to reform the Trust we have... But without buy in from the current Trust (can they seriously say its going well ? ) and the wider fan base nothing will change.

But I will certainly predict that if we go down,Corney leaves and the shares are given to a Trust that has not been reformed its going to be a :censored:ing disaster.

No we didn't. A very significant chunk of that came from the legends match which was largely organised by people within the club

Yep - and 99% of it was Gordon. Think it raised about £190k in total - a fantastic amount.

Guest Laticswaj

Have people been personally abusing him again? (Wasn't it said at one of the meetings that he had received threats over the Golden Ticket scheme a few years back?) All I've seen is people questioning his ambition (me included). As a younger fan all I've seen is a few half decent Sheridan sides and I feel the club has been in decline since 'doggate'. I find it incredibly depressing that year on year we finish bottom half of league one. I'm not claiming to be an expert on running a football club but where has the money from the cup runs/players sold gone? Have we actually payed off any of the £6m debt to Blitz? I respect him a great deal for saving our club and sticking by us, I do not hate the guy. I've only been complaining about Simon since the Tarky sale, in my opinion we have failed to replace him which could cost us our league one status. I have said some things out of frustration as particularly this season we've been unable to protect scorelines and kill games off. I certainly do not want Simon to resign and I'd rather us rot in league one than be handed over to The Trust (looking back I don't think he made the right call on Koukash, this man could have took us to the next level, we have a fan base but most of them don't attend any more). I cannot find the accounts anywhere, hence the questioning of money/ assuming it has gone to Blitz. All fans want is answers. This is certainly nothing new as he said the same last year.

Agreed. If he truly wanted what's best for Oldham then why not sell us to Koukash. Someone who could throw up a stadium in know time and by all account highlighted an area in Oldham to do so.

Yes, be careful what you wish for, but to be honest there is only one way we are going at the moment. Can it get any worse? Yes, no club at all I hear you say but who wants to come and watch a club that only performs for the last ten games of the season.

We all want to be entertained right and see some endeavour on the pitch, well that starts by keeping your core group together and building on it. Something we needed Koukash for to give us the financial muscle to reject bids.

I find that last post so hard to follow that I won't. Where's this evidence Koucash (sp?) is our sugar daddy (within the FFP rules of course) saviour?

Or is it just a 'grass is greener' issue? Think last time that happened we nearly ceased existing.