How we needed that.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key today waa winning the ball in midfield. Korey, Wes and the others didn't let them near our centre backs and we started loads of breaks off the ball of them.

JCH was immense up top holding up the ball and putting himself about and the defence strong, Lockwood was again excellent.

Sat too deep second half but understandable from a team without many wins of late.

Finally the Chaddy was rocking. Doesn't matter where you put the fans - if they want to sing they'll sing wherever.

I wouldn't have played Philliskirk.

I thought weakening the midfield by bringing on Charlie was poor.

One scores a goal. The other changed the whole dynamic of the second half and took the ever growing pressure off us.

Well done LJ. Thank feck for that result.

Massive result that.

We didn't half make bloody hard work of it though. Sat too deep, gave them too much room. We looked like the away side at times

JCH and Charlie Mac need shooting lessons.

Should have won by two or three.

Ref was a weapons grade bell end that gave us :censored: all until about 70 mins.

Worked hard for those points, although I would have liked to have seen us work harder off the ball and press more.

That Gadaffi lad is the size of your average family saloon. What a unit!!

The Chaddy was superb today. Looked like quite a few made the switch from the RRE and the lads sang their hearts out.

Well done everyone.x

Philli put a great shift in 1st half covering for Harkins, thought they were there for the taking 1st half and I was sure we would pay for only getting the 1. 2nd half they were as good a passing side as i have seen this season but without an end product, their no 5 must have touched the ball more than any other player today. It wasn't pretty but 3 points is all that matters. Oh and good to meet you underdog.

Philly did a lot of running and took his goal well but other than that not much else.

Worral did nothing as usual. IMO Dayton to start Tuesday.

JCH did a lot of thankless, tiring work and is starting to hold the ball up well. He's still got a fair bit of learning to do but that will come in time. Sometimes I feel he forgets he can use his right foot to shoot but shooting is what he needs to work on as he could easily could have had 3.

The 4-1-4-1 worked well with Korey offering protection for the back 4 thus allowing Philly and occasionally Wes to push on.

Harkins seems to always want to take on 1 man too many, but when he gets it right - it's properly right. IMO him and Charlie did a good job holding the ball up in the corner in the ridiculous 5 mins of added time.

With 70 mins gone in every game we sit back and try to cling on for to what we have. We need to come out to players, close them down and make them make mistakes. IMO we don't because we get knackered but surely that's what we have a fitness coach for?

Edited by Oafc1895

Phew.....and breath..we are our own worst enemy how many times did we lose the the ball/pass the ball to an oppo player about the half way line onwards. Taking about inviting pressure back on ourselves.

Thought we were playing crawley time.....longest 5 mins of my life.

Nice to met disjointed and lookers today too.

Now I need to defrost, my one gripe about rre is when that weather rolls in, it gets you pissed wet through....a couple of the fans were hurdling over the chairs better than Colin Jackson...heheh

The 4-1-4-1 worked well with Korey offering protection for the back 4 thus allowing Philly and occasionally Wes to push on.

That's exactly the thing I saw at Crewe which was one of the big positives, Wes in particular got forward much more often than in a 4-4-2 on that day.

That formation could get a big payoff at Orient on Tuesday imo.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

That's exactly the thing I saw at Crewe which was one of the big positives, Wes in particular got forward much more often than in a 4-4-2.

That formation could get a big payoff at Orient on Tuesday imo.

With Philly in CM it does provide a big positive burst forward. This could rock some defences especially early on when they are not expecting it. Edited by Oafc1895