North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's on that artist's impression.

That's an old image from many moons ago, I think it was when the original planning application was submitted, any signage was added as an assumption at that time becasue I wasnt working with the club and it was just a "project", the latest animation and images are more accurate, the only crests I am aware of are the ones at either end on the grey cladding

That's an old image from many moons ago, I think it was when the original planning application was submitted, any signage was added as an assumption at that time becasue I wasnt working with the club and it was just a "project", the latest animation and images are more accurate, the only crests I am aware of are the ones at either end on the grey cladding

What a pity that those on the ends are not more prominent/colourful..

On this picture, the fitting of the second end panel has been completed. It's a joy to behold!

19587642389_6ca94179d7_z.jpg

I believe that's the artist's impression, that was posted as a comparison to the current state.

Still, shows how close to the original vision it has come out as if you're taken in! (I was at first too. :p)

I believe that's the artist's impression, that was posted as a comparison to the current state.

Still, shows how close to the original vision it has come out as if you're taken in! (I was at first too. :p)

I wondered if it might be an artist's impression, but I've checked all the artist's impressions I've found in the past, and the current picture is nothing like any of them, because of alterations made during the construction period. I'm certain the picture is the latest one taken today. The one with the last bit of the side panel still to go in was taken 2 hours ago and the one with it completed was taken in the last hour.

Today's pictures:

End panel being fitted.

19133717803_352c5960c8_z.jpg

Floodlights fitted to underside of roof.

19728447016_58e44c26c3_z.jpg

Glass to1st floor gym installed behind my seat. NOTE: Darker coloured seats are in the shade aka the dry area. :OASISscarf:

19568023169_b5df115ffa_z.jpg

Car park surface leveling underway.

19747364212_c883d6fa21_z.jpg

For what it's worth, rain doesn't follow the same path as the sun.

Edit: we were 75th out of 92 last year... Obviously be lower if we had the new stand then

Attendances will increase, across most League 2 clubs, as more local games.

I think we are on target for more season ticket sales too.

Let hope we watch Wigan plummet down that table too....

Right at the start we were worried about an identikit stadium/stand.

I don't think we have that.

I'd be very happy if the other 3 stands eventually were a version of the new stand too. (Clealy they won't all have the boxes etc, but you know what I mean based on that design)

Archived