RRE vs Chaddy

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, the number of season tickets we sell next season will be a clincher if we indeed to intend to move the home end. It's up to those fans who want to move to the RRE to buy a season ticket there for next year, the more we sell the harder it makes it for the club to move fans into the Chaddy for the big games. I was in the Main Stand yesterday (we'd purchased executive seats weeks ago), but part of me wanted to be in the RRE yesterday, I'm gutted we're back in the Chaddy for the Coventry game but I think yesterday has convinced me to buy a season ticket for the Rocky next season (assuming I can get a job by then)

I would have done something as a trial this year with season tickets.

For 1 season only you get a "Behind the goal season ticket" it is 300. You get the option to sit behind either goal. If we were playimg a side expected to bring over 1600. (there would be less than 6) the RRE would house home fans and the away fans would be in the Chaddy.

Bradford

Rochdale

Preston

Barnsley

Possibly Coventry

Possibly Rotherham

Are the only games it would effect. The season ticket would be 25 quid cheaper to compensate those fans who dont want to move, like dave. I understand Dave's point, I wont be moving to the new stand (until they come up with some h+s bollocks to close the main stand). However, my idea isnt doing something I wouldn't be prepared to do myself.

Or even make all season-tickets the same price and fans can sit wherever they want, even the main stand?

The club than then put an article on the website before the match suggesting either the RRE or the Chaddy (alternate home matches would work, except big games) for supporters to go in and all rules like the last two home games apply.

Edited by JoeP

Can someone please explain to me why the chaddy needs knocking down?

I understand the roof point, but the rest of it is fine isn't it?

I think it's just the roof that needs rebuilding, but even a cheap job would cost at least a couple of million

this rocky v chaddy debate is stupid.

yes better acoustics and view in rocky.

but chaddy end is warmer.which is why alot go in there.

my view is this. there is no reason why the club cant keep asking fans to keep switching therefore making all fans happy.

yes we know those who bring big crowds make us go into the chaddy therefore the next game we all go into the rocky.

I can see more fans turning up if we can keep this atmosphere going and if we can have a good run in L1 next season crowds will be more anyway.

so to sum up.

lets stay as we are and let the club keep asking us to switch between stands and either way turn up and sing.

KTF

What really bugs me about this whole debate is that, as a Chaddy Ender, there are people who make it out as if we’re the antichrist, holding the club back from years of global domination because we are quite happy sitting where we sit and see no reason to change. I wouldn’t dream of telling anyone who sits in the Main Stand that they should move to the new stand when it’s built, because the ‘facilities’ and ‘acoustics’ will be better. If they’re happy in the Main Stand, fair play to them.Go in the Rochdale End if you want, it's no problem to me.

We’re all Latics fans, and some are not better because they ‘make more noise’ or sit in a particular stand. I’ll sit where I want to sit, as should everybody else.

What really bugs me about this whole debate is that, as a Chaddy Ender, there are people who make it out as if we’re the antichrist, holding the club back from years of global domination because we are quite happy sitting where we sit and see no reason to change. I wouldn’t dream of telling anyone who sits in the Main Stand that they should move to the new stand when it’s built, because the ‘facilities’ and ‘acoustics’ will be better. If they’re happy in the Main Stand, fair play to them.Go in the Rochdale End if you want, it's no problem to me.

We’re all Latics fans, and some are not better because they ‘make more noise’ or sit in a particular stand. I’ll sit where I want to sit, as should everybody else.

yesterday proved that fans can switch without being bullied. stay as we are but over next season the club asks the fans in the chaddy to move to verlin and vise versa. therefore not alienating any fans. we as fans have proved over the last two home games we can make it work.

yesterday proved that fans can switch without being bullied. stay as we are but over next season the club asks the fans in the chaddy to move to verlin and vise versa. therefore not alienating any fans. we as fans have proved over the last two home games we can make it work.

Best will in the world, I'm not playing musical chairs.