RRE vs Chaddy

The number of ppl that stayed on the Chaddy, which, sad to say, it looked like a morgue against Brentford.....

The number of extra people that went in the RRE...... Crucially, the volume they put in to back that 'trial'. And it was a 0-0 with few clear-cut chances!!

So far it appears all of the loud minority who cited overwhelmingly for the RRE on here voted with their voices.

Yes the RRE was empty v Crawley. But that actually weakens your argument.

Because that shows the RRE ST holders were prepared to move to the Chaddy for the good of the club and the trial and in terms of backing the players, many of the Chaddy lot weren't.

What does that tell you?!

Yes it's your money spent. But people need to think what's best for the club and the players, not just about themselves?

Harsh I know but that's the vibe I'm getting. I mean come on, it's public that some of our players were stunned by the Brentford atmosphere. That's the clincher.

I want to feel like our players are inspired by our support; not dragged down by it.

That is probably the most logical post on this whole issue!

I would move next season to the RRE but do not know how to change my screen name so I guess I will have to stay in the morgue!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again. im a chaddy end ST holder and I am moving to RRE next season.

However.

im in favour of the club just asking fans to move stands more often.

you will always have the verlin none movers and chaddy none movers.

we know we are in chaddy end for cov and sheff u that is why we should all go into the verlin final day.

Lets try and keep the atmosphere going

If Notts County are still alive on the final day, then the RRE may be shut for home fans too. I can see Notts County bringing a few if the game really matters to them.

Yes it's your money spent. But people need to think what's best for the club and the players, not just about themselves?

Lets just put one thing straight...

Anyone who is willing to pay upwards of £300 on a season ticket, but doesn't want to move from where they currently sit, isn't doing the club or the players any harm in any way shape or form.

Lets just put one thing straight...

Anyone who is willing to pay upwards of £300 on a season ticket, but doesn't want to move from where they currently sit, isn't doing the club or the players any harm in any way shape or form.

Basically this, the club makes £20 more per adult Chaddy ST holder than it does per RRE ST holder. If there are 1000 adult ST holders in each then that's £20k (probably not quite that many). £20k, or even £10k buys you a lot of player at this level.

Do not really, want to get into the chaddy- rocky rd, debate yet again. Just pointing out, there is not a hope in hell, of coventry or sheff utd, on a tuesday evening- filling half ,that stand. Are home support should at least, have the option of the small section.

That is probably the most logical post on this whole issue!

I would move next season to the RRE but do not know how to change my screen name so I guess I will have to stay in the morgue!

Haha! Whatever you do, don't sink to joining the children that always sneak a lightning fast smoke in the RRE toilets at HT....!!

I am going to email Simon or his assistant Barry in the morning to see what are the plans to introduce a smoking zone in the RRE.

been to many away games this season were there has been a HT smoking section , open one gate ,a few stewards and ash trays , spoke to the stewards at posh ,port vale and MK dons , they all said 'works great for us' , we dont have go in to a crowd of away fans to pull one fan up for smoking ,which causes problems ,every body who wants a cig , can have a smoke at ht ,fans happy ,stewards happy , dead easy

again. im a chaddy end ST holder and I am moving to RRE next season.

However.

im in favour of the club just asking fans to move stands more often.

you will always have the verlin none movers and chaddy none movers.

we know we are in chaddy end for cov and sheff u that is why we should all go into the verlin final day.

Lets try and keep the atmosphere going

This is where I am at, season ticket in the rre for me next season my only real issue is that if clubs with followings of 1500 + are to be allocated the large rre then home fans should be allowed into the small section of the stand, if we are trying to build on something here and its for the good of the team lets think about whats best for everyone, on only two occasions this season has the large section been filled and it wont get filled again this season regardless of where teams are, very unlikely but give me the reason on the last game of the season if us and notts both need a result that we should hand them any sort of advantage ? we proved against brentford how we can keep a crowd quiet and if we are ever going to do anything in this league the crowd is going to be a factor, as a side note a couple of mates who dont normally go anymore apart from the odd away day have heard whats going on at bp and asking me about it, theres no doubt a better atmosphere on matchdays is what some people go for its what got me hooked stood in the chaddy in the 80's.

How much do we save on police costs? If a team bring 2000 fans, police will still need to be at the ground, wether fans are in the same stand or not.

If Coventry or Sheff United bring 2000 fans (they won't) then why can't they just make the divide even bigger?

Seems bizarre that the very reason the divide was put in the stand isn't used if the stand may be only 1/3rd full.

Clubs pay for police in the ground but not for police outside of the ground. Looks like our idea is to have police there but not pay for them.

There was a big issue with it around Leeds United. I think Leeds won in court and didn't have to pay their police fees.

The number of ppl that stayed on the Chaddy, which, sad to say, it looked like a morgue against Brentford.....

The number of extra people that went in the RRE...... Crucially, the volume they put in to back that 'trial'. And it was a 0-0 with few clear-cut chances!!

So far it appears all of the loud minority who cited overwhelmingly for the RRE on here voted with their voices.

Yes the RRE was empty v Crawley. But that actually weakens your argument.

Because that shows the RRE ST holders were prepared to move to the Chaddy for the good of the club and the trial and in terms of backing the players, many of the Chaddy lot weren't.

What does that tell you?!

Harsh I know but that's the vibe I'm getting. I mean come on, it's public that some of our players were stunned by the Brentford atmosphere. That's the clincher.

I want to feel like our players are inspired by our support; not dragged down by it.

It tells me if the club decide to put away fans in the Chaddy, then the club could well lose valued supporters who don't want to go in the RRE. I don't mind the drum, but someone sat near to me said they were glad it had gone to the RRE. I still can't see a problem, if all the singers want to go in the RRE what is stopping them?

Seriously it's not hard this. The rre is clearly better for those wanting to make a atmosphere if you wanna sing etc go there, the stewards need to accept though that's the home 'singers/standing' bit.

Almost every other club has 3 stands for home fans and a section where singers no where to go. No need for the rre v chaddy debate.

Wanna create atmosphere go rre wanna sit in chaddy then do.

Simples

our club needs the new stand to be a commercial success ,we need people in there buying beer , pies , coffee , hot dogs .placing bets , watching big screens .our team and manager need fans making noise .(anyone who thinks it does not affect results is being stubborn , it has affected the last 5 results)

I have seen some great days from the chaddy but its nonsense to cling on to the past . lets not hold our club back lets move on .

chaddy for away fans.

Searching "tufty" on Twitter makes for an interesting, amusing read - what can happen when fans are forced out of seats they've had for many years.

In remembrance of the 96 fans who perished at Hillsborough, Hednesford have cordoned off 96 seats behind the goal for today's game.

*looks at camera*

I undertand that the club are going to stock a new line in rainwear for those daft enough to buy a season ticket in the RRE anywhere in the front third of the stand? it's good when the sun is shining though, pity we paly through the winter in England.

Think I'll stick to the Chaddy...cold but not getting soaked soaked seat for my money.

I dont get this "The atmosphere is better in the RRE than the Chaddy" argument, In my 50 years of sitting/standing in all 4 sections of the ground, I have never seen nor heard the Chaddy full of the noisiest section of away fans, I would suggest that if we ever do see that day, you will be very surprised. There is nothing wrong with the Acoustics in the Chaddy, it's just that it has never been filled by fans who are prepared to roar themselves hoarse for 90 minutes.

I dont get this "The atmosphere is better in the RRE than the Chaddy" argument, In my 50 years of sitting/standing in all 4 sections of the ground, I have never seen nor heard the Chaddy full of the noisiest section of away fans, I would suggest that if we ever do see that day, you will be very surprised. There is nothing wrong with the Acoustics in the Chaddy, it's just that it has never been filled by fans who are prepared to roar themselves hoarse for 90 minutes.

Bollocks