RRE vs Chaddy

Someone mentioned that the Chaddy is going to look really empty if more people choose the RRE.

How about only selling tickets in the bottom blocks of the stand, which would make a better atmosphere for smaller games, and open the top half for the games where the RRE is shut?

Win-win.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who ever is in charge to make the decision, not saying anyone in particular. I mean they backed out of closing the stands for the "experiment" because people kicked up a fuss so I'm pretty sure they haven't got the ball's to make the decision and put away fans in the chaddy.

It's better with both sets of fans in the RRE.

Is there a higher police/stewarding cost putting away fans in the Chaddy? with the extra opportunities for causing trouble on the way down?

If you stuck away fans in the Chaddy you'd have away fans leaving from two exits. This could be harder to police, especially a set of fans with a bit of a reputation like Sheff Utd

Edited by Tommy_Fent

If you stuck away fans in the Chaddy you'd have away fans leaving from two exists. This could be harder to police, especially a set of fans with a bit of a reputation like Sheff Utd

Two exits? Just keep one gate shut...problem solved

Who ever is in charge to make the decision, not saying anyone in particular. I mean they backed out of closing the stands for the "experiment" because people kicked up a fuss so I'm pretty sure they haven't got the ball's to make the decision and put away fans in the chaddy.

It's only people on this board that want away fans in the Chaddy. There are far more who aren't on here who don't want this to happen. The RRE was virtually empty against Crawley when people were asked to move, but the Chaddy still had a fair few in against Brentford. What's wrong with leaving it as it is, those in the RRE last week can stay there. Those in the Chaddy can also stay there. If a well supported club comes to town we all go in the Chaddy. What's the problem?

It's only people on this board that want away fans in the Chaddy. There are far more who aren't on here who don't want this to happen. The RRE was virtually empty against Crawley when people were asked to move, but the Chaddy still had a fair few in against Brentford. What's wrong with leaving it as it is, those in the RRE last week can stay there. Those in the Chaddy can also stay there. If a well supported club comes to town we all go in the Chaddy. What's the problem?

Quite a claim. Sorry but there are many non OWTB people who would back a move to the RRE.

And from where I was sat in MSU the proportional move from end to end was probably about the same on each occasion.

The critical issue for me is , still, which is the better location in terms of giving loud backing to the team...

So we have a stand that is segregated into two parts, one holding 1600 and one holding 3000, yet away fans numbering considerably less than 3000 need to be given the whole stand?

Police costs, giving them the whole stand is a cost-saving issue. Also IIRC, despite not bringing more than 2700 (seemingly the maximum for the big section- see games against the PL Scousers), Bradford used the small section too, probably to allow their disabled fans to be able to see.

Preston brought 2900+, they ended up using quite a bit of the small section.

Plus by allocating them the whole stand it means that the risk of anybody being locked out is infinitesimally small.

So we have a stand that is segregated into two parts, one holding 1600 and one holding 3000, yet away fans numbering considerably less than 3000 need to be given the whole stand?

Policing costs are cheaper.

Reduces the risk of a Latics at Bury situation.

Annoys me though. But only a little bit.

How much do we save on police costs? If a team bring 2000 fans, police will still need to be at the ground, wether fans are in the same stand or not.

If Coventry or Sheff United bring 2000 fans (they won't) then why can't they just make the divide even bigger?

Seems bizarre that the very reason the divide was put in the stand isn't used if the stand may be only 1/3rd full.

Coventry will be safe by then, if not now- 1, 000 tops. Sheff utd far more interested in the cup. Nothing game for them 1, 500 tops! Crazy decision.

Agreed. It's £20 cheaper on the basis you'll be moved if a club brings a decent following, not anything over 800. Rotherham bought than Coventry will bring and if it's game over for Sheff U, probably as many as they'll bring.

The number of ppl that stayed on the Chaddy, which, sad to say, it looked like a morgue against Brentford.....

The number of extra people that went in the RRE...... Crucially, the volume they put in to back that 'trial'. And it was a 0-0 with few clear-cut chances!!

So far it appears all of the loud minority who cited overwhelmingly for the RRE on here voted with their voices.

Yes the RRE was empty v Crawley. But that actually weakens your argument.

Because that shows the RRE ST holders were prepared to move to the Chaddy for the good of the club and the trial and in terms of backing the players, many of the Chaddy lot weren't.

What does that tell you?!

Yes it's your money spent. But people need to think what's best for the club and the players, not just about themselves?

Harsh I know but that's the vibe I'm getting. I mean come on, it's public that some of our players were stunned by the Brentford atmosphere. That's the clincher.

I want to feel like our players are inspired by our support; not dragged down by it.

again. im a chaddy end ST holder and I am moving to RRE next season.

However.

im in favour of the club just asking fans to move stands more often.

you will always have the verlin none movers and chaddy none movers.

we know we are in chaddy end for cov and sheff u that is why we should all go into the verlin final day.

Lets try and keep the atmosphere going