Things you'd like to see next season

...with exception to the obvious of course like promotion, 20 goal a season striker, a 4th stand, billionaire takeover etc

For me I'd start with:-

The current back four to be in the first choice starting XI

A winger or midfielder with an end product i.e. doesn't take too many touches and can deliver a killer ball

For the inevitable Four Four Two prediction for us to get relegated to be stuck to the home dressing room door

To put in at least a half decent display up at Vale Park

No to draw Chesterfield in the JPT

To only move the fans from the Rochdale Road End if the expected away following is going to be more than 2000 fans

To not get any sub-3000 home attendances

Edited by Tommy_Fent

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take more than 2000 fans to 2 or more away games, excluding Dale.

Have a home kit resembling the style of the one from the 1950s.

Sign another lot of quality foreign players with fantastic names.

The RRE small section given to home fans for every game to have an atmosphere.

Gosset or Truelove to break into the team, or any of the youth products for that matter.

The better aways on a weekend, no Wolves or Preston types on weeknights.

More than 5000 home fans at a few home games.

Oh yeah, and have something meaningful to play for at the end of the season...at the right end of the table.

Edited by NewBlue

Burton Albion promoted to our league...so for once in the league I can travel less than 30 miles to watch Oldham play

Notts County staying up...and Birmingham coming down...so I can take my daughter to a few matches without the inevitable 'are we there yet?!'

A striker who delivers at least 20 goals in the league

A creative midfielder like Wellens, Kilkenny or Stephens - a real spark in the middle rather than just industry

A top six position in January - so we can enter the transfer market with talk of a promotion challenge rather than relegation dog fight

Few injuries or suspensions because recent eight-game unbeaten run and the same starting line-up isn't a coincidence

And cherry on top...appearance at Wembley in cup final or semi-final (as opposed to play-offs unless were guaranteed to win)