Things you'd like to see next season

Maintain a presence in the top ten and therefore an I interest in the top 6 throughout the season - I don't expect us to be serious contenders for promotion unless we are remarkably lucky with a couple of goal scorers and some serious penetration down the flanks.

The goal scoring bar this season (up to press) as been set at a average of 76.5 goals by the top 6 teams. We are woefully short at 48 goals.

Our defence has done quite well, considering the chopping and changing, with only 8 of the 14 teams above us doing better.

Unless there is a major upturn in season ticket sales or some other (unknown at present) cash injection there is little likelihood of our firepower being increased dramatically.

Income from the new stand and any increase in attendances (if it happens) are unlikely to be on stream until the New Year. My hope is that LJ, after his May clear out, will be able to concentrate his efforts on the offensive side of our game. I feel sure with our soon to be four sided ground, attracting a better calibre of player will be that much easier.

Leaping from 48 goals to 76 goals is not impossible, but is it likely?

Edited by mikeroyboy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maintain a presence in the top ten and therefore an I interest in the top 6 throughout the season - I don't expect us to be serious contenders for promotion unless we are remarkably lucky with a couple of goal scorers and some serious penetration down the flanks.The goal scoring bar this season (up to press) as been set at a average of 76.5 goals by the top 6 teams. We are woefully short at 48 goals.Our defence has done quite well, considering the chopping and changing, with only 8 of the 14 teams above us doing better.Unless there is a major upturn in season ticket sales or some other (unknown at present) cash injection there is little likelihood of our firepower being increased dramatically.Income from the new stand and any increase in attendances (if it happens) are unlikely to be on stream until the New Year. My hope is that LJ, after his May clear out, will be able to concentrate his efforts on the offensive side of our game. I feel sure with our soon to be four sided ground, attracting a better calibre of player will be that much easier.Leaping from 48 goals to 76 goals is not impossible, but is it likely?

When you consider that stat it shows how woefully short we are upfront. And to consider many said that would be our strongest area this term

For the feel good factor to carry on through pre season with a few timely announced contract extensions such as weso, Harkins, grounds, Wilson....

Kind of obvious but......whilst I was around when we were in the Prem I was around 13/14 so really didn't appreciate what we had in those days, I look back on the Dowie team with a lot of love and would love to feel like that again, the home fans getting behind the team from the start, big followings away...again and again and again.....god how I wish for those days again.

The way it is shaping up next year REALLY could be our year.....not many clubs with big budgets look likely and the way the away days are shaping up just looks tasty, scunny, Chesterfield, Rochdale and Barnsley already in the bag with hopefully Birmingham or Blackpool and York to follow.

let's have a year like the Sports Direct topic.......POSITIVE

When you consider that stat it shows how woefully short we are upfront. And to consider many said that would be our strongest area this term

It's been that way a few times. Was it Ricketts, Mental and Hughes? I think we are like most teams, when we find a couple of forwards who score 35 goals between them we'll decide we have a genius manager and get promoted

A cult hero (Harkins would fit the bill)

Industry and reliability throughout the team

Entertaining away days

Local non-league away FA Cup tie

Nile Ranger and Gary Madine to be our strike force! :getmecoat::jailed:

Corney to offer fans the chance to pay an undisclosed amount for the number of home games that's the same as the number of "undisclosed fees" we sell for.

A good youngster to force their way into the 1st team.

No more short corners - my heart sinks every time it happens.

More crosses.

Not taking that one touch too many.

Being prepared to have a pop from 20 yards out.

A way of muting some of the numpties who sit in the main stand.

Not expecting that last one to happen...

To move the ball quicker in the final third so that the possession we have can be turned into clear cut chances.

I'd keep the current back 4 with the addition of an overlapping right back who can really get forward and provide width keep CB as back up.

Using considerably less than the 41 players we have this season but enough in reserve and rotating the squad enough so everyone is fresh and knowones position is safe.

The majority of the current squad kept together.

1. Better atmosphere at Boundary Park less negativity and moaning.

2. Seen as we will have alot of local away games stick Yeovil, Gillingham, Swindon or Col U first away game of the season that way like with Stevenage we take more fans down than normal.

3. Stick MK dons on a mid week both home and away games.

4.Beer served in the Chaddy for every game

5. Rochdale home and away not to be a mid week, Friday or Boxing day game.

5. Rochdale away not to be a mid week, Friday or Boxing day game.

The Police will have a dilemma with this one - when it was midweek hundreds took the day off and were already well and truly blootered 3 or 4 hours before kickoff.

If anything we must have been easier to handle for them on the Saturday. :grin:

A playmaker.

A goalscorer.

A quality winger who can actually cross the ball.

Bit more height and a bit more pace.

Bit of quality through the spine.

The chance of a season ticket on the halfway line in the new stand.

An increase in attendances.

A settled side/squad.End the revolving the door policy. The one big lesson from the last 8 games - the benefits of a settled squad.

Draw Liverpool a top PL club in the FA cup.

SC to express his undying love for the club and to promise he will never, ever threaten to leave ever again - stop being a naughty boy (unless some comes along with money)..