Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another from the rumour mill;

Offers made to Craig Gordon include one from League 1 Oldham despite Paul Rachubka shaking hands on a deal. Rachubka has been linked with a move to SPL side Kilmarnock.

Won't be a passing side then.

I really can't understand the idea that Grounds has poor distribution. It's not so much that he has poor accuracy, he normally suffers from trying to be too clever with his passing and them being intercepted than being a poor passer of the ball in the classic sense. Quite often his passes can be very effective as he has a better football brain than the majority of our squad. I very much doubt a Championship club would be taking on a player who has apparently such poor distribution, i think he'll benefit massively from playing with better players. The only thing I think he can be seriously accused of in my opinion is trying to play in areas where a good old fashioned hoof up field might be more appropriate. I think in all he was a decent defender and an all round decent footballer at this level and that's why a team like Birmingham who surely have aspirations of being in and around the play offs given the size of the club have taken him on.

The idea that Eardley can't pass is beyond laughable.

I really can't understand the idea that Grounds has poor distribution. It's not so much that he has poor accuracy, he normally suffers from trying to be too clever with his passing and them being intercepted than being a poor passer of the ball in the classic sense. Quite often his passes can be very effective as he has a better football brain than the majority of our squad. I very much doubt a Championship club would be taking on a player who has apparently such poor distribution, i think he'll benefit massively from playing with better players. The only thing I think he can be seriously accused of in my opinion is trying to play in areas where a good old fashioned hoof up field might be more appropriate. I think in all he was a decent defender and an all round decent footballer at this level and that's why a team like Birmingham who surely have aspirations of being in and around the play offs given the size of the club have taken him on.

That is a genuinely fantastic post...

Glenn Belezika has ended up at Stockport.

http://www.stockportcounty.com/news/article/glenn-belezika-signs-for-county-1567391.aspx

Glenn describes himself as being in the mould of Marcel Desailly who he models himself on and his Manager at Oldham, Lee Johnson once tipped him to go right to the very top saying, “Glenn is a rough diamond. What he has are the raw attributes. He is quick, strong and aggressive and is a very good one-on-one defender, probably the best we have at the club.”

That is a genuinely fantastic post...

What Lee said

Well I haven't forgotten his passing to non existent players while at BP.

Ah, so we've found one of the founder members of the "Bloody Hell Eardley" fan club then...

Unfair I think. Grounds has had spells where he's gone forward with confidence and spells where he's looked very weak doing so. I don't think every full back has to be an overlapping attacker but at a higher level he will have to decide which he is. Eardley was clearly a cut above, apart from those fans who couldn't see it, and managers who still can't see that he's a centre mid even though he scored a screamer with either foot when I picked him there whilst wearing a denim mini skirt.

Grapevine tells that we have signed midfielder mike Jones from crawley.. One of the few that have had contract offers withdrawn at ctfc... How true this is I don't know..

Type "Mike Jones Crawley" into the search for more info:

http://laticsplayershare.easysearch.org.uk

PlayerShare gets money when you click through to any search result.

Edited by opinions4u

Grapevine tells that we have signed midfielder mike Jones from crawley.. One of the few that have had contract offers withdrawn at ctfc... How true this is I don't know..

Without a Google search, he's ex Bury and Sheffield Weds as well as Crawley. Right midfielder who can play up front too. Think he'll be around 25/26 and has played a fair few league games i would have thought. Will be local to the area having come through at Bury too.

Could have legs this one...

Crawley resident. Sorry to see Mike Jones go, but he missed the North West. He got terrible stick when he came (from Sheffield Wednesday), and many couldn't understand why Richie Barker played him instead of favourite Sergio Torres. He quietly gets on with it - the players like playing with him, the crowd don't notice him. I like him a lot and think he will be missed at Crawley - great if he signs for Latics though. He works hard, good passer and likes a shot (but doesn't score many).