So who authorised Notts County players and officials to go on the pitch at the end?

Well, our end of season traditional player lap of honour was well and truly ruined by Notts County coming out almost at the same time and their fans invaded the pitch and had wild celebrations. Their manager joined in as did their camera man?

I thought that was quite an insult to the Club and Supporters.

Well, our end of season traditional player lap of honour was well and truly ruined by Notts County coming out almost at the same time and their fans invaded the pitch and had wild celebrations. Their manager joined in as did their camera man?

Don't be so soft.

I've said it on another thread. The way they beat relegation, they were condemned and gone, bottom on March 17th. Less than six weeks later there are safe.

I would be going crazy to if we had done the same. Besides, 'authorise'? Who has what power over County other than perhaps the police?

They'd stayed up on the last day of the season having looked dead and buried a few months ago winning 6 of their last 9. I'm sure if the roles were reversed we'd have done exactly the same thing.

Lets get a bit of perspective before jumping on that high horse

I was outraged by their behaviour good job none of our fans went on the pitch for the usual lets I invade the pitch at the end of the season because it's fun

I've never been so insulted in all my life.

Thought is was laughable that Oldham fans were told they must stay off the pitch yet the stewards opened the gates in the away end and let them on. Very poorly organised by the police and just good job no bad feeling between the fans as allowing that many on could have led to trouble. Then Derry, Abbott and his players ruined our end of season lap of honour by coming out again to which there fans entered the pitch again yet again the police allowed it to happen. I always thought as a club we have to pay quite a bit extra to have that many police in the ground, yesterday they and the stewards did nothing and were to put it bluntly a waste of space. Last bit of a rant to Barry Owen thought if we invaded the pitch we would be fined by the league so why were their fans clearly allowed and almost encouraged to go on to the pitch!!! Hopefully next season we'll all be on celebrating our promotion!!!

Edited by oafcforever

Miserable bugger. Roy Butterworth said, at the end of yesterday's commentary, that the County players should have been sent off after the final whistle for celebrating on the pitch with the fans. Do we want to steralise football completely?

He ruined our lap of honour too. I've got no problem with him going over to their fans, but he shouldn't do it, whilst we are doing our "lap" of honour.

Think there are a few policing organisations who ought to have learned some valuable lessons about football policing in recent weeks, on today's showing GMP are up there. It didn't turn nasty, apart from a little bit of pushing and shoving, in the paddock, but it had the potential to and it wouldn't have taken much more.

There were some nice friendly moments between the fans too, with the man who wears the chicken hat being prominent for us, so good for him.

How bad would it have been for Derry, Abbott and their players to have waited for all our players to be on the pitch before they started their own "lap of honour".

Pretty sure latics fans went on the pitch at walsall a few years ago.

It was good natured the majority of it, plus i'm glad they stayed up, nottingham is a cracking away day.

A few bitter post on here if we had been in the same position as them( lets not forget they were going down at one stage ) we would have been celebrating at the end of the game as well as for waiting for our players to come out what for ? We underachieved big time this season

Pretty sure latics fans went on the pitch at walsall a few years ago.

It was good natured the majority of it, plus i'm glad they stayed up, nottingham is a cracking away day.

We did and it was a great day. It's just a shame we never built on it

Alec, don't be such a fanny.

Thought is was laughable that Oldham fans were told they must stay off the pitch yet the stewards opened the gates in the away end and let them on. Very poorly organised by the police and just good job no bad feeling between the fans as allowing that many on could have led to trouble. Then Derry, Abbott and his players ruined our end of season lap of honour by coming out again to which there fans entered the pitch again yet again the police allowed it to happen. I always thought as a club we have to pay quite a bit extra to have that many police in the ground, yesterday they and the stewards did nothing and were to put it bluntly a waste of space. Last bit of a rant to Barry Owen thought if we invaded the pitch we would be fined by the league so why were their fans clearly allowed and almost encouraged to go on to the pitch!!! Hopefully next season we'll all be on celebrating our promotion!!!

You an' all. Get a grip.

I wish that was all I had in the world to worry about.

Good grief.