Now that Tranmere are down, I'd love us to be on the phone to Ryan Lowe to try and sign him up... Experienced and scores goals at this level. Obviously didn't help Tranmere stay up, but given a solid defence like ours, he's the kind of man that will punish the opposition.

Joe Mills is another I'd like to see back. Thought he was a very good player in the first half of the season. Our chances of getting him must be helped by Burnley going up to the Premier League too...

Any other ideas? Heard Campbell-Ryce spouted around a few times...

Yeah, I'd really like to see Ryan Lowe come to us in place of Charlie McDonald. Proven goalscorer at all his clubs (Bury, Sheff Weds, Bastard Franchise Scum, Tranmere), a real fox in the box. It's obvious that Charlie has fallen out of favour and he'd clearly not mind playing for a club down south. Could see him heading to Crawley or something.

Hope Wes accepts another contract. He was our unsung hero last season.

Is he out of contract? We'll do well to get someone else to do Wes' role as good as he does it.

Ten a penny in league on. Never out of the bottom half of the table while at Oldham. He did OK this season but very replaceable just like the whole squad bar one

As if I needed another reason to love Wes even more...

Him and Korey have got to remain in our midfield together and JCH has got to be our striker next season, perhaps alongside a smaller, pacey striker. I honestly think we'll get 15 goals from Jonson. It'd be brilliant to have Turner as that partner, but realistically we may need to draft in a striker. Let's offer Ryan Lowe a hefty contract on a par with the one Adam Rooney got. Proven goals, experience and surprisingly fit for a man in what must be nearing his 20th season, may also teach young Turner a few things while he's there.

The two centre backs have got to be the same. Wilson is commanding, assured and a fantastic defender first and foremost. Lockwood does a job, and it's worked.

Writing this I've realised how strong our core is, always a good sign. The sides are where we need to improve. Brown has done more than enough to warrant his position. A left back has got to be a main target, as has at least one winger if we don't secure deals for Worrall or Harkins with both having another year on their contracts. Dayton has the ability and showed glimpses of it in patches, starting the season in top form only interrupted by injuries. Get him going and he's a class above a lot of wingers in this league, but his time on the treatment table suggests we perhaps need cover in that position.

Massive summer for LJ as we genuinely have a squad that needs building on, not overhauling. 5 or so signings, keeping our best players (I'll never be confident this will happen after recent years), the progressive unbeaten run and new stand could propel us into a challenging season in a league that will undoubtedly lower in quality from the new arrivals.

Lowe is 35, nearly 36. Soon he will stop scoring. You know full well if he signed for us which season that would be....

Possibly.

Kevin Phillips still nipped in with vital goals at that age. Obviously a bigger class of player but proves you never know.

Yeah, I agree on the keeper

I think it should be bottom of the priority list. Rachubka is a steady no.1, if he gets injured bring someone in on a short term loan but apart from that we must have a kid who can understudy in the unlikely event of a suspension.

And did you not get an answer out of him on whether he was staying or not or was the music too loud? Lol

Well if me and Maddog drunkenly babbling at him begging him to stay doesn't persuade him then I don't know what will.

Spoke to Wes myself his words were that he was hoping to stay and was trying to sort something out to stay I hope he does, Worrall seemed keen to stay and told me he is still not 100% over his injuries but is nearly there Byrom was another hoping to move here on the other side grounds is off, harkins said hed be back at st mirren but had loved the way he had been received at oldham and suprisingly rachubka was non commital and gave the impression he may be off.

Been told twice now that rachubka is off. Seems to be his decision and not the clubs from what I can gather.

Gutted about that really. He's been brilliant since he's Oxley went back. Pulls off some very good saves every game.

Will be a shame if he goes!