Latics Make Cash Bid for Serie B Striker!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Alessandro Del Piero??? Technically a serie B player until start of next italian season???

Waiting for it to hit the offical site ... Latics holiday anyone :D

Yeah - "Latics have made a bid of £10m for Italian international Allesandro Del Piero" :shock:

That would put the Berger rumour in shade wouldnt it??!!

Taking thier time to get it up - trust me, they sent the text! the wording is "cash bid for a striker currently playing his trade in Serie B" - indicates he is not italian...

Yeah right after yesterdays rubbish I dont believe what the official site says at all.

TTA have continually said we wont state anything aobut transfers till its done - thats gone out of the window, the other one has been they dont go paying for players - so where has this money suddenly come from where we are going bidding for players, whether its Allott or Craig Davies or THierry Henry.

IF its true great but i doubt it more PR posturing from the fishal site

I'm starting to think the vastly experienced striker was Berger; Davis is only 21 so doesn't fit that bill. I'm guessing we are still looking out for at least one more Striker especially if/when Ports leaves.

Not much of a goalscorer either is he :unsure:

Edited by ghostofcecere

Did i say they lied? nope - i said it was rubbish.

They were nowhere near signing Berger than you or I ringing Aston VIlla up and asking about signing him for the Dog & Duck.

What i was pointing out is that the club/official site are suddenly being very open in whom they are trying to sign - when previosuly under the same regime they would not tell you diddly squat for which you reasoning you could understand.

Also they have seemed to suddenly find money for transfers :rolleyes: - another move away from where they have been in recent times; its not like we are the biggest best supported club is it.

I will be over the moon is we get a decent striker or two, i thoguht Davies was good against us for Wolves - but why have the club changed suddenly on both these issues? I got sucked into the hype yesterday but lesson learned for me personally

They were nowhere near signing Berger than you or I ringing Aston VIlla up and asking about signing him for the Dog & Duck.

What i was pointing out is that the club/official site are suddenly being very open in whom they are trying to sign - when previosuly under the same regime they would not tell you diddly squat for which you reasoning you could understand.

Also they have seemed to suddenly find money for transfers :rolleyes: - another move away from where they have been in recent times; its not like we are the biggest best supported club is it.

I will be over the moon is we get a decent striker or two, i thoguht Davies was good against us for Wolves - but why have the club changed suddenly on both these issues? I got sucked into the hype yesterday but lesson learned for me personally

They clearly were closer than that as Berger was actually at the club yesterday having talks.

Goodness! You should get a job with the Lemon Marketing Board - you epitomise sourness.

If you are aying that the OS spouts rubbish , you are saying it's untrue. As the OS is written by the club you ARE saying they are lying.

The TTA have always said they will back Shez, I applaud them for investing and for having the balls to demonstrate ambition.

You really can see the glass half full can't you?

You said you didn't believe them. Presumably therefore you think they are lying. I'll take your word for it though.

You are clearly well informed. I ask again, what do you know that we don't?

Club can't win really. Stay quiet and be accused of doing nothing, or "spout off" and be accused of lying/blabbing when the deal don't go through. I must admit, I was very cynical of the Berger news yesterday, never, ever thought we had a chance of signing him. Fair do's 'though, if he was actually at BP.

Club can't win really. Stay quiet and be accused of doing nothing, or "spout off" and be accused of lying/blabbing when the deal don't go through. I must admit, I was very cynical of the Berger news yesterday, never, ever thought we had a chance of signing him. Fair do's 'though, if he was actually at BP.

Totally agree, the club simply cant win with some fans.

Guest sheridans_world

TTA have always stated that money is available, for the right player. Maybe Shez has found the 'right' player for the money to be available for?!

Either that or a deal for Porter has been agreed. Controversial?

As i was pointing out yesterday (falling on some deaf ears mind!), i think the club should release news of potential signings and transfer news,

Gaw, we'd have a really naff summer if we couldn't have a right gud :swordfight: over potential signings.

As to Ricardos question of the club 'suddenly' finding money. I think you'll find that even going back to the forum last season, the board have stated on a number of occasions that they would fund Shez for players.

If We have a board with money who won't spend.......and some would criticize

We FINALLY have a board with money, who are more than prepared to pay decent players' salaries and even the odd transfer fee, and yet stiil the odd fan have a whine!! :thumbsdown:

On Davies (finally) he looked very useful last year against us, IMO would be a cracking signing

Oh Happy Days :lookers:

Edited by futchers briefs