• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...doesn't sound like Smith will be here either at this rate.... I hope we manage to keep JCH though....

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/oldham-athletic-could-sign-three-7216873

I'd be gutted to lose JCH at this point. he's just starting to make some real progress and I think it would be a bad move for both him and us. At this point I doubt we would get a fee that would be really worthwhile and if he doesn't progress the likely clauses we'd have in place would come to nothing. I think he needs someone like LJ who is prepared to really mentor him as well as act as his manager and I hope he sees it like that and would opt to stay rather than rush the big move that quite often sets young players back rather than progresses their career.

Smith is our best footballer no doubt but he will also be our top earner and if we can get a decent fee and re-invest we should probably take that. A real shame that we're losing both our center mids but I think it's almost inevitable in this case. The size of the fee will determine whether we can all stomach it or not.

Great signing. Would have mills over grounds at LB any day of the week.

Obviously no Championship clubs felt the same seeing as though Grounds moved up a level!

For what it's worth, Mills at full back and Grounds at centre back would have been as close to perfection we could get at the third tier of English football...

Obviously no Championship clubs felt the same seeing as though Grounds moved up a level!

For what it's worth, Mills at full back and Grounds at centre back would have been as close to perfection we could get at the third tier of English football...

You'd need a Lockwood type between them to add a bit of grit.

Would've been the best left-side of defence by a country mile.

Very happy. Thought Mills was a better full back than Grounds - although Grounds is a more reliable defender - and he looked like he was improving defensively in the short time he was with us, so hopefully he can only improve.

He's so good, I'm even prepared to overlook the whole hair-and-eyebrows-not-matching thing.