Team v Orient

I thought he was disappointing in all respects at Colchester, and he seemed a little slower than I remembered. No way I would drop him though, I would need a lot more convincing that he has become a bad player.

Mills couldn't get into Shrewsburys relegation team last season.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4-3-3 or 4-1-2-3 or does it really matter what we call it

Rachubka

Wilson Wilson Kasunga Elokobi

Dieng

Jones Winchester

Forte JCH Dayton

that would be my team, but i realise he isn't going to drop his captain (who for me throughout preseason and the two games has been our worst performer)

Edited by kieranmcandrew

4-3-3 or 4-1-2-3 or does it really matter what we call it

Rachubka

Wilson Wilson Kasunga Elokobi

Dieng

Jones Winchester

Forte JCH Dayton

that would be my team, but i realise he isn't going to drop his captain (who for me throughout preseason and the two games has been our worst performer)

Would he drop the equally ineffective B Wilson and Mills though?

Would he drop the equally ineffective B Wilson and Mills though?

i don't mind Wilson, just feel brown deserves a start after last season! I think mills is almost a certainty to be dropped with elokobi eyeing a place in his natural position!

Rachubka

B.wilson / brown

Mills

J.wilson

Elokobi

philliskirk

Forte

Jones

Winchester

Gros

Jch

Jesus that was hard . Really struggling for positives . All those who criticised Wes and Korey .... Well I don't know about you but id give my left bollock to have either of them back . Kelly hasn't impressed me one bit in either pre-season or ladt night . Mills is a shadow of the loanee we had and Mellor just seems destined to be a nearly man who can't impose himself on a game despite his obvious abililty .

I can't bring myself to applaud jch winning free kicks by falling on his arse over and over and over again . Its tedious he has all the attributes but no presence whatsoever .

Winchester is the only positive from last night . He's brave on the ball and has gone from being up for loan to our most industrious player in the space of three months . That's credit to him but also highlights how poor the squad is .

I'm usually a glass half full latic but im struggling to see anything other than a season of struggle and another load of loanees following poor summer recruitment .

Rachubka

B. Wilson (he holds the shirt and until he gets injured or fooks up big time he keeps it)

Mills (two more games to get back to the player we saw last season. No, I'm not proposing playing him at centre back)

J. Wilson

Elokobi

Dieng

Winchester (licence to roam)

Jones

Kelly (needs game time)

Dayton

Forte

Rachubka

Wilson Wilson Dieng Mills

Winc Jones Kelly Dayton

Forte JCH

That's what I would go with, Kelly only keeping his place because he is captain. I was also very tempted to replace JCH with Gros.

I notice a lot of people still playing Elokobi. I thought he was quite poor on Tuesday. Yeah hes an organiser and vocal, but he seemed to lump it up the pitch more often than not. A couple of times when switching from right to left he slowed his pass right down allowing Boro to get men back into position effectively snuffing out the attack. I think Dieng is a better option who at least looked to hit a player with his long balls, possibly Kusunga given a second chance.

Says who?

Today's Chron;

Midfield man David Noble has trained with Athletic on a trial basis over the past four days.

Johnson says that his former colleague at Bristol City is talented, but that there may be questions over his suitability due to fitness concerns.

“He (Noble) has a couple of offers,” Johnson added. “He is keen to stay but we have to assess whether we can get him fit and whether he is what is required.”

Edited by BP1960