....same could be said of many of the players Royle signed; Andy Rhodes; Ian Marshall; Rick Holden; Neil Redfearn were all seen as imperfect by others.... But they were the opposite for us! He's still only 28. The catch will most likely be a short term contract, so he can move on if he starts scoring again....!

Indeed.

We wont be able to get a "finished article" player anymore (could we ever?) - anyone signing for us will be someone else's cast-off in some way really wont they?

This one - for his weight / fitness issues it looks like - falls into that category.

I'd take a deal to the end of the season here. I doubt we could afford longer; nor i doubt would we risk longer just in case these fitness issues dont go away...in that time, with his pedigree, he could (should?) hit double figures...

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At our level and budget this type of player is the only way we will get a chance of signing a decent striker.

Everybody is looking for a goal scorer and proven ones are out of our reach , unless they have some baggage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More to gain than lose so sign him up.

We're just speculating on rumours ATM as far as i can see...

I can confirm that he travelled with the squad, deal is all agreed just waiting on paperwork although LJ was annoyed it's got out through social media as he is worried about any counter offers.

It's a little bit sketchy from there but I've heard 2 different stories from 2 different reliable people so don't know what to believe tbh

1. Deal till Jan with club option to extend

2. Deal to the end of the season with option of 2nd year but also an agreed release fee

Not completely nailing my hat on this one as I'm hearing different stories but thought it was worth putting out there

Feck - just seen this.

Even if he is 4 stone overweight, and there's even a chance of him being interested in coming to us...sign him up. The weight can be lost. Class can't.

At this level, he should be a top player.

There'll be a catch. Be it weight, attitiude, a bit of both; something else....there always has to be something; otherwise he wouldnt be even entertaining coming to us.....but - well, i'm pretty excited at the prosepct of this

We've got both bases covered. Big George the positive spirit, Lockwood by the exit door waiting to punch him in the face if it doesn't work out. I defy any human being not to suceed in this regime.

Wolves may have stayed up if he hadn't got injured. He was banging them in.

Nasty injury and obvious fitness issues. Understand his agent thought he'd cruise into a championship club but nothing forthcoming it appears.

I did wonder if chucking all the forwards on on Sat was some sort of 'show us what we've got' to both them and...Corney!

If he buys into the work ethic, gets fit and follows the lead of Elokobi... Boom.

Chron states LJ saying Ebanks signing is way off and he hasn't even spoke to us let alone train with us or travel on team buses down to Swindon.

GMR claimed last night apparently that he was training and even travelled with squad to Swindon.

Was this GMR statement or GMR basing from a fan led rumour.

SimonCorneyisGod stated the same too didn't they?

Just a totally conflicting scenario

Is it a major smokescreen to fend off competition or FACT?!

i can't help thinking the club are trying extremely hard to keep this quite and out of the public eye...

That's the impression I get. Media only referring to manager's quotes when asked, whereas usually they are fairly quick to dismiss unfounded rumours themselves. Still, I don't see it happening myself, but my fingers are crossed anyway.