• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, if we sign that Greek bloke and keep Wilkinson we could make a fortune in kit sales. SC could have them dressed up as Van Persie and Ronaldo - quids in!

Or we could simply rent them out (no, not like that) as look alikes.

Steams of income. Come on people, see the possibilities.

Che Adams currently at Ilkeston FC is attracting attention too......midfielder so I'm sure we have registered an interest

out of interest BP1960....which league or level is your Winger at as I watch quite a bit of non league during the week?

Same league as Glossop, all I have asked is Latics to have a look at him, he's played 7 games in 3 weeks and come in for some stick from defenders, I think he's now taken an heavy knock as a result and may have to miss a few matches.

Pic clue (player in stripes, don't reveal his name if you find out)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/225x225q90/674/YhZaas.jpg

A few report extracts;

The architect of the win was ................who was absolutely outstanding throughout and the.................. scouts , could not failed to have been impressed by the wingman.

................continued to tie the home defence in knots and he should have had a penalty on 22 minutes when clearly fouled on the corner of the box. The same player weaved his way through two defenders shortly afterwards, before firing narrowly wide.

...............came in for some rough treatment in the second half and was victim of a number of cynical challenges.

............showed superb control to keep the ball in play, and skinned a defender before curling in a pin-point cross.

..............has tremendous pace and attracted attention from a number of sides.

Edited by BP1960

I know it wouldn't solve our striker crisis now but wounldn't Bradley Wright Phillps be available in Jan/Feb time when the MLS finishes. He went on loan to Brentford last year around that time.

He's on his way to beating the record for most goals in a season. His stock will risen so he'll be out of our reach I reckon.

Also, the MLS season runs from March to December anyway.

Edited by Simpo

Unsure where he is and a certain section of fans would be in uproar but Lee Hughes would be on 10 goals by now with the chances we've created have gone missing. Park him up on the 18 yard line and he can waddle the few yards each attack to poke them in.

Edit - at Forest Green Rovers in conference. 3 from 7 so far this season.

Where's Luke Beckett these days?!

Edited by Midsblue

Unsure where he is and a certain section of fans would be in uproar but Lee Hughes would be on 10 goals by now with the chances we've created have gone missing. Park him up on the 18 yard line and he can waddle the few yards each attack to poke them in.

And on a similar amount to our top earners...

Where's Luke Beckett these days?!

Why oh why is Lee Hughes even mentioned in this thread, he is playing in the Conference for a reason, and that reason isn't because he's a knob. It was the same last season when someone touted him as being available and I pointed out that Rooney had scored by September in a league 2 leagues higher as many goals as Hughes had at around Christmas.

Yes Lee Hughes of 6 years ago would have scored quite a few, but so would Andy Ritchie of 23 years ago and Roger Palmer of 25 years ago, heck even Sean McCarthy of 20 years ago would have bagged a few from the chances we've created. None of them are relevant.

Yes, the winger is being followed up, reports are he was outstanding last week.

Have you seen much of Wes York currently at Wrexham formally of Nuneaton, if so what do you make of him?

From the very little I have seen of his he looks top notch but my scouting abilities are not worth much

Have you seen much of Wes York currently at Wrexham formally of Nuneaton, if so what do you make of him?

From the very little I have seen of his he looks top notch but my scouting abilities are not worth much

Thanks OAFC35, I've not seen him yet as I'm limited in my travelling now due to advancing years, but I will have a look when I get the chance.

Why oh why is Lee Hughes even mentioned in this thread, he is playing in the Conference for a reason, and that reason isn't because he's a knob. It was the same last season when someone touted him as being available and I pointed out that Rooney had scored by September in a league 2 leagues higher as many goals as Hughes had at around Christmas.

Yes Lee Hughes of 6 years ago would have scored quite a few, but so would Andy Ritchie of 23 years ago and Roger Palmer of 25 years ago, heck even Sean McCarthy of 20 years ago would have bagged a few from the chances we've created. None of them are relevant.

Whoooooosh. I'll unhook you and throw you back in....do you honestly think I was being serious? It was more reference to a non-league striker probably able to bag more than who's leading the line at present.