great result

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With his knees, any club signing him would be taking a gamble on his form continuing in their system and would face the same dilemma with his condition that our management do each game. For that reason, I don't see any club being willing to spend on him. However, it's a glorious anomaly that we're playing a system that, anytime we get him on the pitch, he looks devastating for us.

I'm pretty sure Forte doesn't have an option on his contract. It hasn't been published on the BBC or our own official website. I watch all of the latics player interviews and I'm 99% sure it hasn't been mentioned there either.

If an offer does come in for him, it'll be minimal as clubs could just wait to offer him better terms in the summer.

The fact that clubs will be unwilling to pay a large sum isn't necessarily a bad thing, with the goals he can score between January and next summer, he may just fire us to something big.

Then again, we may have an option or he may accept improved terms.

Some excellent football there. Note Ibehre's flick-ons for two of the goals - that's exactly what he was signed to do. Poleon should be the beneficiary of those sort of knocks if he's played up front, or even in Forte's position where he collected two passes last night, so he'll have to sort out his finishing. Forte's career suggests he won't be reliable for goals over a full season, so Philly and Poleon will have to chip in. Poleon has the pace to get into the positions, just not the calm head, like Forte, to round them off. Hopefully a first league goal will start him on a run, as he's missed some open chances.

Forte's anticipation is as big an asset of his a his pace is. You can see his run for DP's first goal, he provides the flick and then by the time DP shapes to shoot he's by his side in acres of space.

His goal at Peterboro is another prime example, anticipating the cross and getting in front of his marker.

He's clinical when one on one and doesn't have to use his right foot.

It nice to know that if we did have to rest him because of his knees that we wouldn't be all that worried with DP, Jabo and Poleon to choose from.

I'd still like Wilkinson back but have a feeling looking at his twitter that it might not happen

Well i didnt get off my arse to clap Dayton off last night-tackles like a winger but never crosses like one.

Someone mentioned his 35 yard free kick in the first half that hit the bar, pretty sure that was Kelly

How could you not appreciate what Dayton did last night, if they had asked for a MOM after 30 minutes he would have walked it. I know football is a 90 minute thing, but credit where credit is due, his workrate was top drawer.

Well i didnt get off my arse to clap Dayton off last night-tackles like a winger but never crosses like one.

Someone mentioned his 35 yard free kick in the first half that hit the bar, pretty sure that was Kelly

I thought it was Kelly.