• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The run was always going to end at some point, and no shame that it's to the runaway league leaders.

It's all about how the club can react to this. Lets not feel sorry for ourselves like Barry's letter precedent, lets keep the positive feeling around the team. Still in the playoffs race.

They are the best side I've seen play at AG this season. So comfortable and assured in everything they did. Lee has them playing very well indeed.

However I was more impressed with their away fans. Pound for Pound the best away support I've seen in a long time at Ashton Gate. They didn't bring thousands but they sang and sang to the point that I wondered if I'd missed a goal for them. Considering the big time teams near Oldham they are clearly very loyal and passionate fans. For the first time ever I made the effort to go over to the away end at full time to applaud them.

I'll now be keeping an eye out for them and hope they do well.

Some strange results in the top half today something like 4th to 8th all on the same points and we are 9th.

I'm happy with that, strangely not to disappointed that we lost either and by one goal as long as the lads played their best, which sounds like they did.

Let's move on crawley next week. Bring it on.

Gutted?? No, this is the best start and the best squad we've had for years.

League 1 is wide open as far as the play-offs and maybe even second place is concerned.

What's really encouraging is the way we are coping with injuries to key players and LJ is able to rotate the team and still get results.

No shame in todays defeat and a win v Crawley will almost certainly put us back in the play off spots

COYB's

Would have been nice to get something from today, wasn't to be, we shouldn't fear any teams in this league, just keep playing the football as we have been. Sure we will lose games, keep our heads high we are still in the mix, a good cup win next week then 3 points against Crawley, today will seem like a distant memory.

From their forum;

They were good on the ball but pretty toothless come the very few chances they had, said at half time a clean sheet was not in doubt today.

Lj has said he's still hoping to sign another striker - he needs to be a goal poacher.

We were a little toothless, but so were they in truth - it was a tightly contested encounter between 2 good sides with 3 efforts on target in the entire game!!

Their goal was criminal from our point of view.

1. It was an extremely soft free kick.

2. We were too busy wrestling in the wall and weren't switched on.

3. We were in complete control of the game and had been for the half hour either side of half time.

We paid for a small lapse in concentration and that is a bitter pill to swallow.

That said we were excellent in possession for large periods and were better defensively than we have been in recent weeks.

We went to keep it tight and hoped to nick it - unfortunately we just came up short, but there should be no shame or panic in that!!

Any reason why b wilson went off? Seems like an injury...

Hopefully we bounce back and don't dwell on our first defeat too much! No shame in losing away by a single goal from a free kick at the run away league leaders!

Makes you wonder why he started and why Winchester was dropped.

It's about one of our ex managers favourite words now: Bouncebackability

The unbeaten run realistically had to come to an end sooner rather than later, and TBF, plenty guessed it would be today.

The next few games are now hugely important, to get a couple of wins again and start another unbeaten run going.

Well done to the 490 who made the trip too...

From their forum;

They were good on the ball but pretty toothless come the very few chances they had, said at half time a clean sheet was not in doubt today.

Lj has said he's still hoping to sign another striker - he needs to be a goal poacher.

What is Matt Derbyshire doing these days ?

Edited by Pure Elvis 1977

Gutted. Not because its the end of the world, but because there is such belief at the moment that you feel disappointed when we don't win a game.

To the 490 that got tickets and went down, I doft my cap to you - sounds like you made quite an impact.

Yeah, LJ gave Poleon a shove and a gobful. Too right aswell, he's got a massive ego and shown quite a poor mentality so far, petulant. I see why Rodgers was angry at Balotelli vs Real now.

Anyway, shame about the result. Switching off at a free kick is pretty criminal at any level, smart from them. Thought we had two main chances, Forte's deflected one in the first half, and Poleon's in the second. Needed a bit more nous chasing the game in the final 10, ie not out right back cutting in with 5 to go and having a left footed shot, bloody Brown.

Thought Jabo and Mills were our best players. Fans were unbelievable, especially the 10-15 mins before half time.

Make sure we come back vs Leyton and Crawley!