Daniel Johnson rumoured to be joining Oldham

Amazed that this has legs to it. Without a doubt one of the best players to have played against us this season, and Chesterfield fans love him - say he's the reason Doyle scored so many goals early in the season. Thought he would go to a Championship side after his loan spell so would love a loan with a view to a permanent deal if that was possible.

Also hope he's forgiven the pocket of our fans chanting 'you're just a :censored: Edgar Davids' to him at Chesterfield, although he did take it in jest to be fair to him...

Edited by NewBlue

Amazed that this has legs to it. Without a doubt one of the best players to have played against us this season, and Chesterfield fans love him - say he's the reason Doyle scored so many goals early in the season. Thought he would go to a Championship side after his loan spell so would love a loan with a view to a permanent deal if that was possible.

Also hope he's forgiven the pocket of our fans chanting 'you're just a :censored: Edgar Davids' to him at Chesterfield, although he did take it in jest to be fair to him...

I'm sure he's heard it many times before. It was hardly the wittiest song.

Surely this would have to be a 1 in, 1 out situation wouldnt it? Aren't we bang on our limit for wages?

Can't see Connor Brown and Jordan Bove's wages on their loans freeing up enough for this??

The loan is only until 5 January, so if a player did leave us in that transfer windows he's not going to replace them for very long. And from what I've seen of him this season he could be an improvement on possible leavers if anything...

And jss, he's not played many professional matches before so it could well have been the first time he heard it sung to him. Like you say he'll hear it much more in the future. He found it funny anyway.

Is it possible that the prize money from Saturday is funding this?

Something is.

As I say, I cant see the Brown and Bove loans having freed up enough to offset this?

And i thought it's been said we were bang on our limit for wages under FFP?

Onto the signing: pleased with it on the face of it.

As has been posted previously; when everyone is available, we have the strongest bench we've had for years; and that will now be strengthened again with either this lad or the player he replaces (Philly or Winchester most likely)

Good times with this squad at the moment...

.....not without a paltry 3,000 fans for a midweek home league game against Coventry and an FA Cup 1st round game against Leyton Orient it won't..... we can't afford anymore permanent signings.... without either selling some of our better players and/or putting together a cup run.....!

Just goes to show that reducing prices doesn't bring in more fans. Those 3034 would have most likely turned up anyway.

Just goes to show that reducing prices doesn't bring in more fans. Those 3034 would have most likely turned up anyway.

I think its fair to say more were there because of the reduced prices I know 2 for a start, whether the club were any better off for it who knows but on the day we had 3000+ paying customers which as a percentage of our home crowds wasnt too bad.