• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading on here as a guest with great interest for a few weeks now and as of today a new member. I think (hope) this whole un savoury story is just a monumental case of chinese whispers? After all our beloved Latics couldn't be so naive as to sign a player as toxic as Evans? Let's just see what happens (or hopefully doesn't happen) tomorrow before any more hasty negative reactions to the 'story' are posted.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Is Salem in Oldham?

Oh it is.

Mob mentality at its most dangerous.

Read the Spectator link . The Mail link with video statement and look into the actual case.

Too many DOUBTS in my mind.

Being convicted does NOT mean it's the right decision, it's just some people's opinion & unfortunately jury's reflect society, which as can be witnessed on here mob mentality prevails.

Luckily it's not the 17th Century or I suspect Ched Evans would have already been lynched, which considering the case is being reviewed is something to reflect upon.

Well no its not is it

If we sign him and he scores the winning goal in play off final would you not cheer ?

I wouldn't. I wouldn't even be there.

I think what many supporters who are in favour of us signing him are not grasping is the impact of his signature. It will drive away a number of what is becoming a dwindling fanbase.

People feel very strongly about this, rightly or wrongly. In any event you shouldn't ignore the impact on the club of those unhappy.

No, I won't cheer and I won't be there.

The more likely scenario is we sign him and go down.

I find it hard to be live us winning the play off wouldn't bring a cheer regardless who scored?

And you wouldn't be there is this in protest may I ask?

If so am I right in presuming you didn't go to a single game whilst we had Lee hughes??

Just saying, but there is a big :censored: up from the club if this isn't true.

Not if it isn't true. Let the morons in the media waste their Sunday on a non-story. We've already said we won't be offering a contract to him a month ago..

I find it hard to be live us winning the play off wouldn't bring a cheer regardless who scored?

And you wouldn't be there is this in protest may I ask?

If so am I right in presuming you didn't go to a single game whilst we had Lee hughes??

1. I wouldn't give a :censored:. I'd be amazed if I even knew we were in the play-offs.

2. Yes, it's a protest.

3. I did go to games when we had Hughes. I even stuck up for us signing Hughes, on rehabilitation grounds.

I don't really know whether causing death by dangerous driving or rape is worse. They're both :censored:ing awful crimes. I care a little bit about Evans's lack of remorse and I care a lot about his campaign of hate against the victim. I was probably wrong to support Hughes. We should never have signed him and definitely should not sign Evans. I won't go while he's signed for us. It's not double standards. It's realising a mistake and forming a new, better one. There's a difference.

Is Salem in Oldham?

Oh it is.

Read the Spectator link . The Mail link with video statement and look into the actual case.

Being convicted does NOT mean it's the right decision, it's just some people's opinion & unfortunately jury's reflect society, which as can be witnessed on here mob mentality prevails.

Luckily it's not the 17th Century or I suspect Ched Evans would have already been lynched, which considering the case is being reviewed is something to reflect upon.

Careful mate, you're in danger of talking sense which would very much put you in a minority. You wouldn't want to be in one of those on here.

Not trawed through all the posts,

But I envisage plenty of anger, the younger posters chanting his name, Lee Hughes and plenty of fishing. ..

Has anyone thought if Mike Ashley has had an imput, afterall no matter what people think of him he is a very astute businessman and his Sports Direct brand is about to be dragged through the mud??

Is Salem in Oldham?

Oh it is.

Is Salem in Oldham?

Oh it is.

I m not going to pretend I am some expert on his case, but we are not talking about a Hillsborough style cover up and miscarriage of justice here.