• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SSN reporter at BP has just said that there is no statement yet and has been asked to hang fire. What a bloody circus.

As Ackey says, the Mirror has now published an amendment. Another balls up. You couldn't make it up, could you?

Edited by Bristolatic

Been to hospital earlier and the vultures from press sat in cars waiting for carcass of a football club. Soon as any movement out like rats. Sickening.

We missed a trick there. Someone could have done a time lapse video with some Benny Hill music over it.

Hits first - News second!

A friend used to work in Journalism and said that there were two schools of thought in the industry:

Report the news accurately - The BBC have this, and will not report anything without two sources

Report the news fast - The Sky news approach, which is to be the first news source to break a story

I would imagine the Mirror are in the latter camp..

A friend used to work in Journalism and said that there were two schools of thought in the industry:

Report the news accurately - The BBC have this, and will not report anything without two sources

Report the news fast - The Sky news approach, which is to be the first news source to break a story

I would imagine the Mirror are in the latter camp..

Watch HBO's The Newsroom if you want to see this played out (albeit in a heavily dramatised way).

OK so I can see why there might have been a delay overnight and throughout today as we were working out what we were going to do.

But to have told people we were going to do an announcement with the PFA and wound the media up that it was imminent surely everything was sorted one way or another - what possible excuse is there now for further delay?

OK so I can see why there might have been a delay overnight and throughout today as we were working out what we were going to do.

But to have told people we were going to do an announcement with the PFA and wound the media up that it was imminent surely everything was sorted one way or another - what possible excuse is there now for further delay?

Nobody wants to give the statement?