I can't help but wonder if the PFA have had way more to do with this deal than anybody is letting on thus far.

I hope we aren't being hung out to dry by that little :censored:ing weasel Taylor....

I sort of hope we are.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you can get work related stress....can you get footy related stress?

Where there is a blame..who can we sue?

Its a nightmare of epic proportions.

Our season is screwed.

At this rate the media will be charging the club with wasting their time.

Edited by BP1960

PFA let the story out of the bag...was that the case on Sunday? If they hadn't would we have been any the wiser and would it have just been announced deal done at some point this week. My concern here is were we put in this shambolic situation by the PFA? Also I do wonder that our main sponsor had obviously confirmed they would not back out and whilst "both" of his clubs could benefit from a good young manager and a rehabilitated proven striker. Business and Politics rule not football

My concern is that we have put in this shambolic situation by an inept boardroom with no sense of moral upbringing.

PFA let the story out of the bag...was that the case on Sunday? If they hadn't would we have been any the wiser and would it have just been announced deal done at some point this week. My concern here is were we put in this shambolic situation by the PFA? Also I do wonder that our main sponsor had obviously confirmed they would not back out and whilst "both" of his clubs could benefit from a good young manager and a rehabilitated proven striker. Business and Politics rule not football

Agree with this, Latics weren't ready on Sunday, PFA let it slip. As not all matters had been ironed out by Monday the board have been forced to run the gauntlet and have refused to make a decision until ready to do so.

Either that or they are incompetent.

Agree with this, Latics weren't ready on Sunday, PFA let it slip. As not all matters had been ironed out by Monday the board have been forced to run the gauntlet and have refused to make a decision until ready to do so.

Either that or they are incompetent.

Interesting thought and plausible......so riding the storm out and then??

Interesting thought and plausible......so riding the storm out and then??

My view is that we will sign him, I think if we weren't we would have said so by now. The fact they are in the process of tying up loose ends seems to suggest the deal is nearly there, a no would have already been announced surely.

My guess it will be "let him train" give it 30 days and find out the result of the case review. Football is full of fraudsters. Where do we stop? We have had a murderer and an arsonist. It is a reflection of life as a whole. Any organisation has then in full. Including the church.

Can you imagine if talks have broken down and he's :censored:ed off to Blackpool instead?

I'm surprised they didn't try to get that move initially. That would have been my first port of call if I were his agent, for obvious reasons...

I agree I think the signing will be made, I would be surprised if we are even paying him a penny. I would imagine that the contract as someone said will have more clauses than a Father Christmas convention. Imagine it would be a legal minefield. I think in retrospect the club are happy to delay as they can see the reaction and outside of us fans it is certainly calming down. It does show how little they think of us.

If CE scores goals and life moves on some other club will be in for him and we might make some cash. If it doesn't work I doubt financially it will damage us. Though whole can of worms in regard to morale of the teams and the damage to the club and fans. It would fit with Taylor saying it should be purely for football terms where I think the board have are doing for possible financial gain to be fair driven by football reasons. I personally have no qualms with SC for this but think BO position is untenable whether he signs or not.

Edited by aberdeenlatic

Think it is a done deal now just crossing the t's etc. Got a feeling that the PFA will be paying his wages for a period of time and from a Latics point of view it is a very cheap striker on the books.

Just have to grin and bear it and either stop watching them or carry on with a stiff upper lip as there will be a lot of flak flying about..

There will be the inevitable consequences with some fans staying away and sponsors pulling out but at the end of the day you pay your money and make your choice.

SC is probably working on the basis that this is his last shot at getting us into the championship and if it goes tits up so will he,

also probably thinking that crowds are :censored:e anyway so what difference will a few more stay aways make (give MR Owen something more to moan about)

The big problem may come when the woman that started the online petition then starts a campaign to boycott SD shops , what will Mike Ashley's reaction be then??

If they do go with it they either have balls of steel or heads of concrete !!!!!!!!!!!

Think it is a done deal now just crossing the t's etc. Got a feeling that the PFA will be paying his wages for a period of time and from a Latics point of view it is a very cheap striker on the books.

Just have to grin and bear it and either stop watching them or carry on with a stiff upper lip as there will be a lot of flak flying about..

There will be the inevitable consequences with some fans staying away and sponsors pulling out but at the end of the day you pay your money and make your choice.

SC is probably working on the basis that this is his last shot at getting us into the championship and if it goes tits up so will he,

also probably thinking that crowds are :censored:e anyway so what difference will a few more stay aways make (give MR Owen something more to moan about)

The big problem may come when the woman that started the online petition then starts a campaign to boycott SD shops , what will Mike Ashley's reaction be then??

If they do go with it they either have balls of steel or heads of concrete !!!!!!!!!!!

Can't argue with the size of our balls. Always said, if we don't take him on, someone else will, to the detriment of our playoff push no doubt.

Glad we've shown the spine to go for it. You'll be calling it a master-stroke in a season or 2.