Welcome Chedwyn

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the conviction gets overturned every championship, 1st and 2nd division club will be kicking themselves.

This is why I wondering is it tactical for latics, weigh up the odds on it being overturned, when it could be overturned, how many he can score, hope he can shoulder the grief he's going to get, get promoted and then sell him on.

Surely research would have been done, the club wouldn't have leapt in

Edited by underdog

really cannot understand the hullabaloo - media hype - people are starving around the world for Christ's sake.

As for being a family club - take it you don't go to many away matches and sit near the scores of foul-mouthed yobs that follow our club?

I believe it is a risk worth taking

In my industry before every significant decision a comprehensive risk and reward analysis is taken. It doesn't guarantee success but it sure as hell increases the chances.

The risks in this case:

Guaranteed public opprobrium

Disrupting existing members of the club staff and their families

A player who cannot be properly fit

A player who definitely isn't match fit (and no reserve team to help get him there)

Unwanted publicity

Unhappy fans - to what point who can tell

The reward:

A player who at his best was better than we could hope to sign

Cant see he risk/reward balance coming down on the side of reward myself and therefore it is no way a calculated risk - just a gamble and since when has a good business decision been based on a gamble?

If he signs, I will not be returning back to BP until he has gone and will have to consider my role in playershare in trust oldham too.

We are a family club for chuffs sake

You are in the Daily Mail;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2896180/Evans-join-League-One-club.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

That's equivalent of appearing on Jeremy Kyle a second rate lazy newspaper who thrives on such stories and likes mob culture.

On same Mail page referencing the smallest bikini Jodie Marsh owns and Michele Keegen "sneek peek" in a bikini....and Louis Smith sending Lewd texts... quality journalism???? irrespective of Evans. For Gods sake !!

Oh the shame.....and with regards to Hughes Westy, I'd just returned back to bp after an absence and I think I saw him in about two games before he moved on so I want aware of his history as it wasn't reported every match he played in...death by dangerous driving player scores for oldham today....may have caught my attention a bit.

Bbc reporter just been on outside bp...and still calling it bp too...thank god for small mercies eh

Edited by underdog

I was in Oldham today hospital visiting. While parking the car in Sheepfoot Lane at about 3:00pm, an interviewer and cameraman were on the pavement lower down, and they saw a golden opportunity to interview what Mrs. S. described as an attractive young lady walking towards them. When she eventually reached us, I asked her what they had asked her, and she said she didn't know, because she had her earphones in.

When we left at 4.50pm, this was the scene outside the RRE.

16171782796_9b97819446_b.jpg