An epicshambles

OAFC shambles-who to blame  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who is to blame for the shambles we find ourselves in over the signing of Ched Evans

• Simon Corney. He should have the final say cost wise, but should have called it off luch earlier. Is he even in the UK during this disaster?
    • Barry Owen. He has either offered to be involved in negotiations, after his Lee Hughes input, or has been told to be. His first loyalty is a fans rep, not a Director. He should be saying it is harming the fan base.
    • Neil Joy. Commercially it is disaster. He needs to show leadership and say enough is enough.
    • Lee Johnson. "It is up to the Board". Either he requested the signing, and that makes a mockery of his "Due Dilligence quote and disrupting the team, a lie if you will. Or it is being forced onto to him, the spineless chump.
    • All 4 of the Above. They are all up to their sorry necks in it. For a 4th day. And none have had the balls to call it off. No respect for any of them. They should all go.

This has now reached epic proportions of Omni shambles.

In my opinion, there are 4 main parties to this unbelievable state of affairs.

So who is to blame for the slowly unfurling disaster,and our darkest days since Moore?

MODs, I acknowledge it is Ched Evans related, but hope you can see I cannot do a poll in the main thread.

And its not really about him, its about the Board and LJ anyway.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid poll. Its a circus all round, not just at OAFC, but the media baiting the club for blood, the PFA bottling a joint statement and the people responsible for leaking the Evans affair in the first place. Only LJ will come out with any credit as his statement yday was well received, and I get the feeling he genuinely doesnt want involvement, he just wants to manage the football team. Just another load of conspircay :censored:, that wont be resolved, nor offers any sort of debate. Hopefully once all this :censored: has passed, the person(s) responsible will be hung out to dry.

It seems we did a similar poll at the exact same time, great minds think alike B). Still, they're different as I'm asking if anybody should be made to leave the club.

Yeah sorry, I did not see you had done one. Almost at the same time I think

Stupid poll. Its a circus all round, not just at OAFC, but the media baiting the club for blood, the PFA bottling a joint statement and the people responsible for leaking the Evans affair in the first place. Only LJ will come out with any credit as his statement yday was well received, and I get the feeling he genuinely doesnt want involvement, he just wants to manage the football team. Just another load of conspircay :censored:, that wont be resolved, nor offers any sort of debate. Hopefully once all this :censored: has passed, the person(s) responsible will be hung out to dry.

If he does not want involvelment, and my reading of his body language and " abide by the Board" means he is either a) the instigator of the deal who purported the lie of Due Dilligience and not disrupting the team and a player who will not be match fit to March or B ) the spineless puppet whom Barry has more clout over. He comes over worst of all of them in my view. He just has to say I am not playing him. Game over.

Quit if he is being told who to sign, or Quit if it was his idea to sign him.

By now, he should have made his position clear.

Edited by singe

..and one one of the Inept 4 could have pulled the plug at any time, over 4 days. 4 days. And none of them did. They could have nipped the media storm in the bud days ago, but they did not. Edited by singe

Barry has to go regardless of what happens. He has entirely abandoned his position as fan's representative.

I'd say Corney would have to go but who else is there? One thing's for certain, he ain't going to be finding any takers now.

FFS Latics.

This has just been the latest (and biggest..) public clanger by Barry Owen. Out.

I'll reserve judgment on Corney he's spoken. Even if I didn't agree with them all, I've seen the reasoning in the majority of the decisions he's made since taking the club over - this one just seems completely stupid.

I don't think LJ wanted any part of it.

Edited by JoeP

So your at these meetings then ? Stop talking utter :censored:e.

To say either or as gospel is wrong. None of us knows. You don't know if he is talking :censored:e or not. No more than I do.

But if Johnson had've resigned over it - he would get another job. Probably in league one

Now he is gunna be the manager who agreed to take on Ched Evans, whether it was his idea, whether he is or isn't happy about it, that's what he will be looked at as.

Edited by pukka

So your at these meetings then ? Stop talking utter :censored:e.

Of course it's not :censored:e. It's one or the other. Its not idle speculation, its all it can be. What else could it be.

Even if he is innocent in all this and didn't want him, then he is spineless and gutless for not taking a stand where Directors/Owner tells who is in his team. I totally accept Simon Corney having final say in terms of cost, but Lee has to have final say who is in his team.

He said himself, he would do due diligence on a player. Would not sign anyone disruptive and not sign a mate of a player.

So what he said then was bull:censored:.