Corney Gone?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In the rarely-wrong Chron, Council Leader Jim McMahon said:

"In recent days we've seen an horrendous 'trial by social media' with intimidation, abuse and harassment on a scale that has cast a terrible shadow. "I am urging people on all sides of this debate to please now take stock, show some restraint and calm.

"We want to see Oldham Athletic prosper and that's why we backed plans to redevelop Boundary Park to secure a positive future.

"I also believe that Simon Corney has the best intentions and ambitions for the club as its owner. I hope he and other board members now take stock and consider the wider interests of the club as a part of the community and as an ambassador for Oldham."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/89746/corney-quits-as-ched-deal-off

Paul OAFC ‏@LaticsPaul 6m6 minutes ago

@CllrJimMcMahon seeing as you care so much about sport in the town as you said... Are the council now going to buy the club? #oafc

In the rarely-wrong Chron, Council Leader Jim McMahon said:

"In recent days we've seen an horrendous 'trial by social media' with intimidation, abuse and harassment on a scale that has cast a terrible shadow. "I am urging people on all sides of this debate to please now take stock, show some restraint and calm.

"We want to see Oldham Athletic prosper and that's why we backed plans to redevelop Boundary Park to secure a positive future.

"I also believe that Simon Corney has the best intentions and ambitions for the club as its owner. I hope he and other board members now take stock and consider the wider interests of the club as a part of the community and as an ambassador for Oldham."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/89746/corney-quits-as-ched-deal-off

Cllr Mcmahon........now him and Blatter in charge = CARNAGE

All you Corney outers, just remember the club owe his best mate 6 million quid that he has said he won't ask for until the club can afford to start repaying something and he also owns the ground. Corney goes the debts get called in and the ground is sold. Corney goes so does Oldham.

Misinformation again! This is pure knee jerk speculation! Corney stays OAFC 2014 Ltd has a near £6M debt OR Corney leaves, OAFC 2014 Ltd still has a near £6M debt. Either way it is not going to be repaid!

Brassbank Ltd own the Ground which is subject to restrictions on its usage-THIS LAST BIT IS MY UNDERSTANDING/OPINION!