Corney Gone?

My understanding was Corney wasn't bank rolling us. From numerous debates on here.... So I have no reason to think we are in immediate financial danger.

I could be wrong. Its time for the Trusts 3% to actually start meaning something and get the detail.

Leeslover could no doubt help here?

Not at all. Some other members have been checking up on that 3% though.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What an awful episode all round. Right from the off on here I said I could not believe all the 'drama queens' on here and elsewhere over the Ched Evans scenario - totally blown out of proportion with people saying they would rip season tickets up etc - quite pathetic in my view. Hope you are all pleased with yourselves as, in my opinion, the ONLY reason Latics are still in existence is down to Simon Corney. Forget all the hangers-on - he single handedly steered the ship through some very choppy waters. I now GENUINELY FEAR for the whole future of the club. Absolutely awful start to the new year and forget all talk of play-offs etc - we may well now go down - recovering from all this may be nigh on impossible.

Disagree with most of the non-bolded but do agree with the bolded bit.

But then he made a pretty disastrous, or enabled and backed others whilst they made one of the most disastrous decisions ever taken at the club.

What an awful episode all round. Right from the off on here I said I could not believe all the 'drama queens' on here and elsewhere over the Ched Evans scenario - totally blown out of proportion with people saying they would rip season tickets up etc - quite pathetic in my view. Hope you are all pleased with yourselves as, in my opinion, the ONLY reason Latics are still in existence is down to Simon Corney. Forget all the hangers-on - he single handedly steered the ship through some very choppy waters. I now GENUINELY FEAR for the whole future of the club. Absolutely awful start to the new year and forget all talk of play-offs etc - we may well now go down - recovering from all this may be nigh on impossible.

Didn't you also say this?

Whatever transpires - and Im sick of reading and hearing about it now tbh - this whole saga has been A COMPLETE AND UTTER SHAMBLES. It smacks of incompetence of the highest order and WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE SHOULD RESIGN IMMEDIATELY - WHOEVER IT IS.

This really stinks something awful.

Starting to think this was an exit strategy from the start. A lot of things just don't add up.

We were interested in Ched over a month ago and the backlash was deafening and we quickly moved to dismiss the move.

Why drag it all back up and move for him again? What's there to gain?

All you Corney outers, just remember the club owe his best mate 6 million quid that he has said he won't ask for until the club can afford to start repaying something and he also owns the ground. Corney goes the debts get called in and the ground is sold. Corney goes so does Oldham.