Corney Gone?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you give £6m to a stranger? If Corney goes that £6m stops being a liability and quickly becomes an overdue debt!

Sorry, my post was a response to laticio talking about the petitioners throwing in £20 each. Posts move fast today...

I for one will not be sad he has gone if true. To be honest, the club was gone for me anyway when they looked certain to sign Evans. At least this way I can still support the club I love for as long as it lasts (possibly not long though)

I don't condone the threats being made to Simon and his family. I hope the catch the person or people responsible.

It wouldn't surprise me if the death threats and what not (maybe to his own family and friends) put the nail on the coffin for his time as chairman. It was already touch and go for him

The rarely-wrong Chron says:

It is understood Corney's decision to quit centres on personal threats to family members...

I thought it had been established that the club was now sustainable with its current budget? The purpose of the new stand was to increase revenues so we could spend more on developing the team. The problem will be if Blitz calls in the £6M we owe them, whilst Corney was chairman he said it would only be called in if we reached the Premier League again i.e. never. I just hope this hasn't changed.

I thought it had been established that the club was now sustainable with its current budget? The purpose of the new stand was to increase revenues so we could spend more on developing the team. The problem will be if Blitz calls in the £6M we owe them, whilst Corney was chairman he said it would only be called in if we reached the Premier League again i.e. never. I just hope this hasn't changed.

yup

Mike Keegan retweeted

Oldham chief exec due to give statement amid claims that board members have quit

Members? Plural?

Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry, Please be Barry.

What an awful episode all round. Right from the off on here I said I could not believe all the 'drama queens' on here and elsewhere over the Ched Evans scenario - totally blown out of proportion with people saying they would rip season tickets up etc - quite pathetic in my view. Hope you are all pleased with yourselves as, in my opinion, the ONLY reason Latics are still in existence is down to Simon Corney. Forget all the hangers-on - he single handedly steered the ship through some very choppy waters. I now GENUINELY FEAR for the whole future of the club. Absolutely awful start to the new year and forget all talk of play-offs etc - we may well now go down - recovering from all this may be nigh on impossible.

Hold on a minute, the Chron says he's quitting as Chairman, not that he's giving up his ownership of the club. By the sounds of it, he's not been involved much in the day-to-day running of the club for some time, given that he seems to spend most of his time in the US.

Hold on a minute, the Chron says he's quitting as Chairman, not that he's giving up his ownership of the club. By the sounds of it, he's not been involved much in the day-to-day running of the club for some time, given that he seems to spend most of his time in the US.

He always did spend 3 weeks out of 4 in New York though didn't he?

This...

But I would imagine he will now seek to sell up or transfer shares to the Trust... or something to that effect...

Edited by oafc0000