Corney To Sell?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody in their right mind would invest in a League 1 football club nowadays except for a genuine supporter of a particular club........... and then you've still got to be prepared to lose a lot of money. The only exceptions are the likes of Sheffield United and Coventry who have potential to get to the Premier League.

Those expecting a knight in shining armour to come along and throw pots of money at us will have a long wait.

Edited by ghostofcecere

I think the reality is Blitz probably holds the key to how smellable we are...

How much would it cost someone to come in and buy the club and reaming land ?

Will Blitz put in writing (if not already done so) that the debt will only be called if the club gets in the Prem (or words to say when we can afford to do so)...

Going to be interesting... This day would of come one day though....

I heard over the weekend from a couple of people who work at the club that Corney had told them he'd had enough and was selling up. I also heard, all be it in a pub that Corney had approached the CEO at Shrewsbury who is apparently an Oldham supporter to come in as MD and to assist in the selling of the club. I am only passing on what I heard so don't shoot me!! :boxer:

Matt Williams: http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/matt-williams-leaving-has-been-hardest-decision-of-my-life-1-6601582

Does appear to have links to Oldham.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Nobody in their right mind would invest in a League 1 football club nowadays except for a genuine supporter of a particular club........... and then you've still got to be prepared to lose a lot of money. The only exceptions are the likes of Sheffield United and Coventry who have potential to get to the Premier League.

Those expecting a knight in shining armour to come along and throw pots of money at us will have a long wait.

I don't think its as clear cut as that... but I do see your point...

but lets presume no one is going to "buy" us.... What happens now if SC has no one to sell us too ?

Same situation we have been in for years...

Edited by oafc0000

We do have debt and it has increased year on year, its not with the banks its purely with the directors in the form of Directors loans.

The accounts I downloaded last year showed a directors loan totalling £6m

Is that interest maybe ? or additional borrowing ? If additional borrowing who is the mystery backer ?

I heard over the weekend from a couple of people who work at the club that Corney had told them he'd had enough and was selling up. I also heard, all be it in a pub that Corney had approached the CEO at Shrewsbury who is apparently an Oldham supporter to come in as MD and to assist in the selling of the club. I am only passing on what I heard so don't shoot me!! :boxer:

He is a Blackpool fan, worked for a short time at Latics! If he is sensible he will stay at Shrewsbury

Whats changed? Hasnt he been saying this for the past few years. My guess is that in 12 months time he is still here.

If not C'est la vie. Latics will always be here!

I think he will be here until he finds a buyer, which as you suggest might be some time,

he said he was prepared to write off the rest, he would make some back on the land, he said he had spent around £6m on all the land get £5m back and keep a lot of land for continued development project limiting his losses further

I am not disputing what he would like to happen but really I cannot see how they will ever get back more for the land than they paid OMBC for it, reduced for those sections sold off for housing etc

Ok he has had enough?

Hasn't the club always been for sale for the right offer?

So if he is a man of his word nothing changes until the right offer comes in. He may cut his losses and sell for less to get away.

What's his alternative just walk away stop, stop paying bills,wages etc. I don't think he would....