Corney To Sell?

we all know that the club has been up for sale (for the right price/person) for years.

my guess is Corney is using the increased media attention from the last week or so, to draw attention to that fact.

does anything actually change in the meantime? dont know

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we all know that the club has been up for sale (for the right price/person) for years.

my guess is Corney is using the increased media attention from the last week or so, to draw attention to that fact.

does anything actually change in the meantime? dont know

Yeah, no new players.

We do have debt and it has increased year on year, its not with the banks its purely with the directors in the form of Directors loans.

The accounts I downloaded last year showed a directors loan totalling £6m

It is not debt that needs to be repaid like a loan. It's shareholders funds (different to a loan) and it hasn't grown for a few years now.

I hope he doesn't go, but he better not blame the Evans situation. He needs to look in the mirror for that. He could have stopped it at any time.

Corney, Joy, Owen, and Johnson are all to blame, but he has the purse strings. It was his judgement to carry it through.

Edited by singe

Simon Corney has operated this club on a break even basis and finally this season got us into a position where a playoff place was possible. The fragility of our position was demonstrated when Kelly got injured and we were knocked out of the cups. Our position now doesn't look so hopeful although if LJ can do some magic deals we are still in a position to make sixth place.

The club, the board and the moderate majority have however taken stick over the attempt to sign Ched. I am all in favour of a robust debate but the abuse, threats and ill informed comments from the immoderate minority stopped the signing. Whatever those people think the motivation in signing Ched was to help my football club.

My hope is that the understandable desire to sell will mean that LJ will be allowed to attempt to bring some players in and we won't be selling everyone that has a price on their heads.

No one should be in any doubt how precarious our position is. It is possible that the new stand is the only thing that will save our club. Without that stand the most sensible thing, in order to get their money back, would have been to demolish the football ground and sell the land to the NHS or for housing. OAFC could be put into administration tomorrow so best not to continue with anymore abuse, threats and ill informed comments about a man, Simon Corney, who has kept this club alive.

Edited by Hands on

"We underestimated the attention and fury"

​Jesus wept...

Corney doesn't believe impending doom awaits us... I see nothing to suggest why it would either... Just a different head running the show will be the only change.

There is a mindset in some fans that without SC we are :censored:ed. I don't see anything to support it.

Edited by oafc0000